Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plain white model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TesY

Jun 23, 2021
I just purchased my 2021 Tesla model Y in white. While I do love driving the car, I feel the white makes the car look small and plain. Any suggestions how I can spruce up the exterior? Pinstripes?, Small racing stripes? Something so I dont look like everyother new Y on the road?

I got some black decals for the front/back tesla logos. Subtle change but makes them stand out nicely against the white paint a little more than the chrome. Others have used plastidip but I didn’t want to go to that much trouble.

I agree with other comments that striping and other add-ons like canards, front spoiler, skirts, diffusers would make it look cheap.

But that’s me (and them). If you like the look of something like that, then that’s what matters. There are lots of choices out there.

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Upvote 0
Yep, tint, and plastidip emblems, and bonus if you can swing black aftermarket wheels (I use replika r241s and use my geminis as winter wheels). Totally gives it the "stormtrooper" feel and looks way better.

If I had to do it again, I would have gotten a different color than white though.....probably gray, maybe blue. With the MY not having a grill in the front, which would hide all of the bug guts, the white "wall" in the front really makes them stand out.

Upvote 0
Mine is blue, but if I had gotten white, I was toying with the idea of some sort of wrap in the front to protect against the bugs, etc. and I would have been looking to do something special, dark to help that out a bit. I never could decide what to do there, so I ended up with blue. Perhaps a fake dark grill on a wrap? I was looking at stuff like this: Amazon.com: Vehicle Decal for The Tesla Model 3 or Y Front Bumper: Kitchen & Dining

Upvote 0
Loving the blue. Darker = easier to hide the bugs, not so OCD annoying. But darker also = harder to keep clean overall, need to wash more often. I was leaning towards white to hide most of that, but I was not happy with the white Tesla model 3 cars I had seen around, white looked different shades when compare bumpers to trunk, doors, etc. If I had to spend extra to respray or wrap to fix that, as well as do something for the bugs up front, might as well get the blue instead. Hopefully they have better color matching now.

Upvote 0
Maybe some window tint, rear spoiler, black emblems (or de-badged), and running wheel spacers with the stock wheels to give it a slightly more aggressive stance (15/20mm spacers on the Gemini wheels, minus the hubcaps).

Subtle things for a clean look, but still enough to stand out a bit from thousands of other white Model Y cars on the road.

Upvote 0
I just purchased my 2021 Tesla model Y in white. While I do love driving the car, I feel the white makes the car look small and plain. Any suggestions how I can spruce up the exterior? Pinstripes?, Small racing stripes? Something so I dont look like everyother new Y on the road?
I actually think the opposite, the white is what I thought makes it look bigger than the rest of the colors. Blue is my fav but for some reason whenever I looked a blue model y, it made the car look too small.

However, for X and S, I would have absolutely chosen Blue.

Upvote 0
The white exterior makes the car appear larger and IMHO makes for better contrast with the matte black trim. As far as it being plain, it is a pearl metallic that I think looks spectacular. If you want to spruce it up, add some colored wheels like gloss gunmetal by Martian. Seen that combination and it looks amazeballz.

Upvote 0
chrome delete, powder coat the rims, tint, personalized plates, white dip the seat belts, smoke head lights, door puddle lights (and that would be my Y) - next for me is spacers

Upvote 0