TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Playing music from iPhone

Discussion in 'Model X: User Interface' started by HappyEV, Jun 26, 2016.

1. HappyEV

HappyEV Member

from what I read in the formus, the Model X won't read my iPhone music from the USB cable, but only through bluetooth.
    I'm okay with it as long as i can scroll through my songs through the steering wheel buttons or the main console.
    Can anyone confirm?
    or do i have to use my iPhone screen to navigate through my songs?

2. KaiserSoze

KaiserSoze Member

If you've already chosen a playlist via the iPhone, you can use the wheel buttons or console work your way through the list, but you cannot browse it, or change playlists.

I really hope that by the time the Model 3 is launched, Tesla has improved iPhone integration.

3. HappyEV

HappyEV Member

oh good, that's all i need actually. And on the highway, i'll be on AutoPilot anyway :D

4. FooBar

FooBar New Member

Tesla's music integration via iPhone is a joke, Most cars since 2009 let you browse via the car's display.
    I read several discussions on the net and the best is to transfer songs to flash drive - here the challenge is that every time you change you playlist you need to copy the songs all over again.

I am thinking of cancelling my Modle S order and loose $2500!! I dont want an obsolete car that cannot play music in ways most cars can and also cannot warn of things in you blindspot.

• Love x 1
  5. kort677

kort677 Active Member

are you buying a car or an entertainment system? when one of my sons brought me along to the test drive of his first new car purchase he had the radio blasting, I asked him if he was buying a vehicle or a sound system, he immediately understood the logic.
    IMHO, while having a nice sound system is important it shouldn't be anywhere near the top of the list of needs when making a decision on the worthiness of a car

• Like x 4
    • Disagree x 1
  6. Rossy

Rossy Supporting Member

I agree with this 98.9%. 1.1% of me wished that my '11 Volvo XC60 had the iPhone integration that my '11BMW 335 is had. I'm not to worried about Tesla entertainment. Was going to skip the upgrade until I learned it was required for Sirius. If I recall, latest configurator bundles Sirius/XM in premium pkg. I just want tunes when I'm out of cell/FM range.
    So I won't be surprised if iPhone integration isn't best in class. I'll be happy to be fossil free.