Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PLEASE HELP/EXPLAIN - new 2017 MS (MCU1, AP2.5) owner, AP issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm just as interested as anyone else. I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a few Tesla's bought at Manheim. These software enabled features aren't really advertised at a wholesale auction (you just have to look at pictures or physically see the car) but dramatically effect the car's value.

I'm so glad to read this post, as I am about to buy a 2018 Model S Lemon Law Buyback (MCU was replaced) and trying to figure out the same thing.

Initially, there is a picture on the dealer's ad that has the Enhanced Autopilot Features with Summon and Navigate on Autopilot. The first picture was taken earlier this week with the v9.0, then taken again after they updated to v10.2. Now, Summon and Navigate on Autopilot is not there. Sorry, I couldn’t figure out how to turn these images.

I guess this is not a deal breaker for me, though it looks like a new practice for Tesla.

BCA91297-9BCB-49A9-8E56-840F30EAF031.jpeg
F0D4B642-0F04-4A36-BABA-5415D6AF2804.jpeg

Attachments

• 8BD09FC4-2102-4523-905C-7035B8C25124.jpeg
    8BD09FC4-2102-4523-905C-7035B8C25124.jpeg
    94.6 KB · Views: 24
I'm so glad to read this post, as I am about to buy a 2018 Model S Lemon Law Buyback (MCU was replaced) and trying to figure out the same thing.

Initially, there is a picture on the dealer's ad that has the Enhanced Autopilot Features with Summon and Navigate on Autopilot. The first picture was taken earlier this week with the v9.0, then taken again after they updated to v10.2. Now, Summon and Navigate on Autopilot is not there. Sorry, I couldn’t figure out how to turn these images.

I guess this is not a deal breaker for me, though it looks like a new practice for Tesla.

View attachment 500725View attachment 500726

Yesterday, I was in the service center for some other issues. The CSR gave me rambling about Tesla's audit back in late November and removing "the features which were not purchased by customers". Here is my strong belief - It is absolutely a shady practice for Tesla trying to extort more money from 2nd hand owners! Tesla should not remove any hardware or software once the car passed to another party (3rd party dealer or new owner) and the ownership has been changed hands. What will prevent them to turn off something else (any "add-ons") - Subzero package, UHFS, air suspension, etc, if Tesla deemed those features as "You did not pay for them"
It looks like a class-action lawsuit to me!

You’re right. I am nervous about that too, though I should be more nervous about buying a Lemon Law Buy Back model. I talked to Tesla CS and confirmed that the MCU was changed out and the balance of the 4year/50k mile warranty, so that makes me feel better.

I’m still hesitant with this purchase and hope having a Branded title won’t come back to haunt me.

The price on this 2018 75D is about the same as a Model 3 Performance, so please let me know what you all think I should do.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

You’re right. I am nervous about that too, though I should be more nervous about buying a Lemon Law Buy Back model. I talked to Tesla CS and confirmed that the MCU was changed out and the balance of the 4year/50k mile warranty, so that makes me feel better.

I’m still hesitant with this purchase and hope having a Branded title won’t come back to haunt me.

The price on this 2018 75D is about the same as a Model 3 Performance, so please let me know what you all think I should do.

Thanks in advance for your advice.
Are you buying from 3rd party dealer? He would NOT be on the hook if you buy it without EAP, but Tesla should if they did not declare the EAP removal PRIOR to the sale. I would call Tesla again and asked WTF is going on with this. Most likely, they will give you the same BS - "you did not pay for it."
I am not sure what the price on yours, but I got mine about 15-17% cheaper than a market price. Check yours through VIN check sites just to rule out the accidents. I do not see anything wrong to buy a lemon car if it was bought back for minor issues like this ridiculous yellow border on screen.