Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PLEASE HELP/EXPLAIN - new 2017 MS (MCU1, AP2.5) owner, AP issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
100% agreed, it's not fair. talked
That's almost correct, you could also have FSD, which would on a ap2.0 MCU1 only give the same options as EAP in the settings. (at least for now)
My car is AP2.5, have a dashcam enabled as well as Sentry mode. Talked to dealer again and he swears up and down that picture was taken on Nov 25th, he did an update on Dec 10th.
I'm going to press hard to them once I get the service center.

A small dealership in Little Rock, AR.
I'm curious if they got it from Tesla at an auction? Tesla has been changing the terms of cars that they purchase and resell, including those that were sold at auction. There was a thread here about free supercharging going away shortly after purchase. Not sure if it is fully disclosed or the company purchasing at auction is just assuming things are always the same.

They sure did purchase the car at auction from Tesla. They advertised this car as the FSDC vehicle. Regarding to supercharging - not sure how to classify this - I was able to SC car at least 5 times by now, last 2 times since the car was transferred on my account, 1st time after a full charge it says - $0.00 on car's screen, 2nd time it showed $10.48. I have NOT set up a credit card info in my app, neither provided any financial info to TSLA at all. When I called TSLA CS with this Summon/NoA question BEFORE these two charges, the CSR confirmed that I have FUSC. How come I was able to charge up if TSLA has no way to bill me (unless they send an invoice later on!?)?

Tesla will allow charging for a while - bill at a future service visit.

Two car dealers involved, so not sure who is being shady. Tesla’s policy to remove features (Unlimited supercharging for early cars, FSD for some) is reasonably new (*). Tesla is if they don’t spell out to they buyer at auction and leave features on until a later date. The used car dealer is if they ignore any paperwork and snap quick photos (or substitute photos).

(*) - a 2017 car built after Feb (roughly) will never gave transferable free supercharging.

I’d think if the dealer represented the car as having a feature it’s their problem to deal with and resolve.

If you carefully look in the app, does the Upgrades section show Full Self-Driving on the Purchased tab? BE CAREFUL NOT TO CLICK the option to purchase if it doesn't show on the Purchased Upgrades tab and still shows up on the Eligible tab.

Also, what does it show on the website...or have you not transferred ownership yet?

If you carefully look in the app, does the Upgrades section show Full Self-Driving on the Purchased tab? BE CAREFUL NOT TO CLICK the option to purchase if it doesn't show on the Purchased Upgrades tab and still shows up on the Eligible tab.

Also, what does it show on the website...or have you not transferred ownership yet?
App says "Full Self-Driving upgrade available " , meaning it is not purchased.

I had a similar issue with my 2017 90D I purchased from Tesla inventory directly from Tesla recently.
All of my paperwork for my purchase said that I had enhanced auto pilot. But, only autopilot was active. Turns out Tesla had stripped the enhanced auto pilot from the car and forgot to remove enhanced auto pilot from my sales paperwork. One visit to my service center and a discussion with the manager resulted in Tesla complying with my sales agreement paperwork and reinstalling the enhanced auto pilot at no charge to me.

• Informative
Reactions: brkaus
I just got a text message from SC
"Thank you for your patience! After looking into things we were able to identify what happened. Currently, your Model S is configured for Basic Autopilot, to utilize the Summon feature you have to have Full-Self Driving. Tesla has recent identified instances of customers being incorrectly configured for Autopilot versions that they did not pay for. Since, there was an audit done to correct these instances. Your vehicle is one of the vehicles that was incorrectly configured for Autopilot. We looked back at your purchase history and unfortunately Full-Self Driving was not a feature that you had paid for. We apologize for the confusion. If you are still interested in having those additional features we can begin the process to purchase the upgrade."
The car was a lemon buyback (a famous yellow border screen issue), sold through action to 3rd party dealership where I purchased it. The dealer advertised the car as the EAP car with that picture, which is attached at the beginning of current thread.
The dealer swears the picture was taken at the time when he picked up the car from auction site. According to NMVTIS Vehicle History Report, Tesla transfer the title/ ownership in May 2019, pictures show almost the same mileage (3 miles more) as it was recorded at the time of title transfer.
So, the question is- Should I get sued the dealership for a false advertisement and bait&switch practice or Tesla for the same things?
Trying to get a history listing at ADESA auction to how it was described over there, most likely it is the same.

The car was a lemon buyback (a famous yellow border screen issue), sold through action to 3rd party dealership where I purchased it. The dealer advertised the car as the EAP car with that picture, which is attached at the beginning of current thread.

I am a wholesale dealer that has bought a few Tesla's through dealer auction. I've seen a few lemon law buybacks run as well. This is news to me. The thought that Tesla thinks they can run the car at an auction with a feature enabled and then disable that feature is outlandish.

I do most of my shopping at the national dealer auto auction Manheim. As a buying dealer, if this happened to me or a customer of mine, I would arbitrate the dispute through Manheim. The sellers at these auctions have a reputation and business etiquette to uphold when selling at this marketplace. Usually dispute resolution is simple with the seller making things right.

This should be interesting. As a customer you should definitely go to the dealer that sold you the car. BUT this sure looks like another shady and downright illegal business practice of Tesla if they are running vehicles at auction with valuable features that they are later disabling.

This is very different than Tesla selling used cars on their website and disabling those features before advertising/sale. In that case, they tell you what you get (or what you won't get) on the Tesla website. At an auction, all you have to go off of is the car as its presented at the time of sale.

I am a wholesale dealer that has bought a few Tesla's through dealer auction. I've seen a few lemon law buybacks run as well. This is news to me. The thought that Tesla thinks they can run the car at an auction with a feature enabled and then disable that feature is outlandish.

I do most of my shopping at the national dealer auto auction Manheim. As a buying dealer, if this happened to me or a customer of mine, I would arbitrate the dispute through Manheim. The sellers at these auctions have a reputation and business etiquette to uphold when selling at this marketplace. Usually dispute resolution is simple with the seller making things right.

This should be interesting. As a customer you should definitely go to the dealer that sold you the car. BUT this sure looks like another shady and downright illegal business practice of Tesla if they are running vehicles at auction with valuable features that they are later disabling.

This is very different than Tesla selling used cars on their website and disabling those features before advertising/sale. In that case, they tell you what you get (or what you won't get) on the Tesla website. At an auction, all you have to go off of is the car as its presented at the time of sale.
Thanks for a reply, very educational.