Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Please help with Charging message

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone please help as I have 0 service support in Canada from Tesla. I've had my model 3 for a month and a bit, everythings transfered over, I've of course got the app averything was fine until a week ago when I get the message that I can't go to a paid chaging station (ive been to 4 so far without issue) because there is an outstanding balance. There isn't, I've checked the app, and online nothing showas in history.
Is there a way to clear it or is there a place to call???

Go to
Someone please help as I have 0 service support in Canada from Tesla. I've had my model 3 for a month and a bit, everythings transfered over, I've of course got the app averything was fine until a week ago when I get the message that I can't go to a paid chaging station (ive been to 4 so far without issue) because there is an outstanding balance. There isn't, I've checked the app, and online nothing showas in history.
Is there a way to clear it or is there a place to call???

Go to the app.

Click on upper right 3 bars

Click Charging

Click History

Pay for any thing not zero.

• Helpful
Reactions: byeLT4
Folks,
I purchased my used T3 vehicle from a non-Tesla dealership in London UK in January 2024.

Everything was registered after the purchase, and without any major issues have charged the vehicle successfully at home and on the road. All of a sudden, a few weeks ago, the dreaded error " Paid charging unavailable " has appeared!

After trying most of the workarounds and confirming there are no unpaid charging sessions on my account, called TVS. They have been next to useless!! However, agreed that no unpaid charges are pending on my account for this vehicle.

Their latest ask is that I contact the previous owner ( some Leasing company ) to check and pay any outstanding charging bills. However, in the UK, under new data protection rules, new owners are not provided details of the previous owners.

I can't travel very far from home at the moment as cannot charge on the road with this ongoing error. What can a customer do to solve this issue?

Seriously frustrated with the robotic and useless responses from TVS.

Thanks!

Did not try a non-Tesla charger. Never had cause to use them as are normally much more expensive than Tesla.

I was thinking finding a temporary solution, in case you were consideing making a trip this weekend, instead of been stranded at home

I am in the US, but the Tesla App allows you to charge a non Tesla car, and you can also charge your own Tesla car too this way,
but you paid a little bit extra unless you sign for a membership. If this option exists in UK, this could also be another alternative?

What can a customer do to resolve the issue?

If you tried unsuccessfully editing your account (see above #3) or could not solve this issue by phone or messages,
you could visit the Service Center (I don't think you really need to make an appointment) and have someone looking at your log files.

I don't know if the technician will have authotity to make changes to your account, but should be able to create a problem ticket to solve this issue.
I didn't have too much experience with service centers for the last six years, I only bought parts like a 12V battery,
but the people at the front desk were always nice and helpful. I hope this can help a little bit.

Have contacted the Service Centre twice. They asked for a series of checks and workarounds to be tried but to no avail.

Main thing they did confirm is nothing outstanding from a payment perspective since my purchase of the car in January.

I am baffled as to how after nearly 6 months of ownership can such a charge be pursued. Trying to get in touch with the car retailer so they can help contact the previous owner but this is a stab-in-the dark as far as I am concerned but this is what the TVS is requesting!

The technicians are all nice on the phone but not able to suggest any solution.

This issue basically implies that charging debt is transferable on a vehicle!

Have tried to book a Service Centre appointment but until the outstanding debt is paid, they cannot confirm a slot for my vehicle!
Do you see the madness of all this?

Last edited by a moderator:
The technicians are all nice on the phone but not able to suggest any solution.

This issue basically implies that charging debt is transferable on a vehicle!

Have tried to book a Service Centre appointment but until the outstanding debt is paid, they cannot confirm a slot for my vehicle!
Do you see the madness of all this?
That's awful. I'm sure you've thought of this, but if the Service Center is reasonably close, I would drive there and just insist that they straighten this out while you're there. As @Watts_Up says, I've found the Service Center front-desk people very helpful as a rule.

Reactions: KN1969
Good news folks at last!

Message received just now from the TVS:
"I have been informed from an other team they have resolved your issue apparently at purchase they did not add your right address in the system that is why was a mismatch. Apology for all the inconvenience time and enjoy your trip."

Whilst I am super-happy that this issue has gone away, how ridiculous is this that after 5 months of ownership and completed registration, some backroom error surfaces its ( ugly ) head!

Thanks to everyone on this board for their comments and suggestions. Now back to the day job :)

Reactions: MAPekala
Good news folks at last!

Message received just now from the TVS:
"I have been informed from an other team they have resolved your issue apparently at purchase they did not add your right address in the system that is why was a mismatch. Apology for all the inconvenience time and enjoy your trip."

Whilst I am super-happy that this issue has gone away, how ridiculous is this that after 5 months of ownership and completed registration, some backroom error surfaces its ( ugly ) head!

Thanks to everyone on this board for their comments and suggestions. Now back to the day job :)
Yeesh. But congratulations. Glad to hear it.

Last edited: