Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Please send a mail to help get charge points fixed.....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some local activity required please folks.

The number of working Chargepoints in the West parking lot at UTC Mall (Sarasota/I-75) has been declining month by month. I was there last night and saw folks scrambling to get a hook-up; 3 of the 4 machines had problems with two of them out completely. The valet told me they have no responsibility and please talk to customer service in the mall; customer service told me (you guessed it) to go speak to the valet.

If you can find 20secs in your day please drop an email to [email protected] asking for them to get the Chargepoints in the West lot working again.

Thanks for your help.

I just received the following email from Taubman:

"I apologize for the inconvenience. We are currently repairing the charging stations and they should be operating soon.

Kind Regards,

Kristina

This email and any attachments are intended only for the use of the addressee, and may contain information that is privileged or confidential. References herein to "Taubman" mean The Taubman Company LLC, Taubman Centers, Inc., or one or more of their separate affiliates. The information contained in this email does not constitute a commitment or agreement by Taubman. No such commitment or agreement shall be binding on Taubman, unless such terms are expressly set forth in a separate document executed by an authorized representative of Taubman."

Is it not very nice that they were so response to our requests? That makes me want to shop there even more.

Is it not very nice that they were so response to our requests? That makes me want to shop there even more.

Yes. I got an update e-mail also, as well as a FB reply. Anyone who see the units back in working order please advise here so that others know.

P.S. There's so many Ss and Xs around now the Tesla charging units on the east side of the mall are always pretty busy. Us locals need to avoid using those spots and leave them to long-distance travelers.

More good news:

The ChargePoint units in the UTC west parking lot (outside Cheescake Factory/Seasons52) were getting increasingly beaten up again, I was up there recently and noticed they've all been replaced with latest model units; all appear to be working perfectly again.

Also a plea from me:

Couple of times there I've seen Tesla's parked on those charging spots (in fairness the painted signs on the ground say "Electric Vehicle Parking") not even plugged in! There are huge parking lots at UTC and nobody has ever complained about a lack of parking spots, there's also a valet service if you don't want to walk, so please don't park in a charging space if you don't need juice.