Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Please Tell Me This Isn’t Normal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's a little early to judge what's normal, but I certainly haven't had anything like that happen on my Raven X in almost two weeks. (or on my prior Tesla in almost three years.)

The part where it reported 48 mph while standing still is particularly bizarre and disturbing.

It also is making turns like it’s unsure. Best I can describe it is taking the turn in increments. Then it starts to drift to the left lane

Where are you using Autopilot? You say "turns". Correct me if I am wrong, should only be currently used on "limited access highways" pretty much in straight lines(no 90degree turns) or from on-ramp to off-ramp while keeping hands engaged on the steering wheel.

Otherwise you are experimenting with your car and the fate of others around you. Full Self Drive on surface streets to the best of my knowledge is not implemented even a little bit.

Now I have been on vacation for two weeks since June 5, 2019- did something change that quick?

Where are you using Autopilot? You say "turns". Correct me if I am wrong, should only be currently used on "limited access highways" pretty much in straight lines(no 90degree turns) or from on-ramp to off-ramp while keeping hands engaged on the steering wheel.

It's possible they're using 'turns' instead of 'bends' or 'curves'? On my commute, there is one curve in the freeway in particular that my X still seems pensive as it navigates it. It's not a reduced-speed type of turn/bend/curve... but it does happen on the crest of a slight hill, so maybe the computer is just being extra cautious.

These areas in particular are the reason I never let my hand leave the steering wheel whilst on AP.

Whenever I am driving on AP my mind keeps saying "Beta - Beta - Beta" over and over. To me that means it expects me to pay very close attention. Driving south on Highway 5 in CA it quit fairly frequently. It's a very straight road. I'm not sure why, there wasn't anything I noticed except there was no internet connection.