TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Please Tesla - optional speed limiter

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Joewdwd, Jan 27, 2018.

1. jelloslug

jelloslug Active Member

All I know is that it made weird noises a low speeds.

2. Yinn

Yinn Active Member

Cruise doesn’t act as a governer. If you floor it, you’ll still go over the limit.

• Like x 1
  3. nowtleft

nowtleft Member

Doesn't work on absolute or the other option - is this an ap2 only thing?

4. morrisdl

morrisdl Member

My Range Rover Evoke loaner has speed limited feature, but manual set limit and not adaptive to posted limits. Was like partial cruise control...easy to drive with the peddle mashed to the floor and forget about it, but more gimmicky than must-have feature. The WAZE app will chime when you exceed the posted speed limit by X% for any given stretch of road - VERY HANDY.

5. rush6410

rush6410 Member

Not sure if it is AP2 only. I haven't used on non AP2. If I set my offset at +5, and then pull the stalk and hold, it will set cruise to +5. Let's say I am cruising at 65 with the offset limit at +5 on a 60 mph road. I enter a 50 posted zone that is recognized. The car will automatically reduce to 55. When the posted limit increases again. The car automatically increases to the original set speed of 65. So, I think there is one limitation. The car will never exceed the original cruise setting. So, set it at the maximum speed you will be traveling. I have used this on hwys and aux roads.

6. nowtleft

nowtleft Member

Thanks will try again

7. rush6410

rush6410 Member

As a reminder, it only works with auto-steer engaged.

8. nowtleft

nowtleft Member

Ah - I dont use that except on motorways as not safe.

• Like x 1
  9. mal_tsla

mal_tsla Member

Speed governors set within 20mph of the flow of traffic can cause accidents. Sometimes you need to jump out of a bad situation and the only way out is forward.

I would never use this feature. Not even for teen drivers. What I would use is a push notification if a certain speed is exceeded. I want them in trouble, not wrecked or injured.

• Like x 1
  10. nowtleft

nowtleft Member

Confirm it does work in AP but NOT just TACCS which is daft. I have asked Elon to implemet it on TACCS alone - fingers crossed:) Thanks for help though!