Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Please Tesla - optional speed limiter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Range Rover Evoke loaner has speed limited feature, but manual set limit and not adaptive to posted limits. Was like partial cruise control...easy to drive with the peddle mashed to the floor and forget about it, but more gimmicky than must-have feature. The WAZE app will chime when you exceed the posted speed limit by X% for any given stretch of road - VERY HANDY.

Doesn't work on absolute or the other option - is this an ap2 only thing?
Not sure if it is AP2 only. I haven't used on non AP2. If I set my offset at +5, and then pull the stalk and hold, it will set cruise to +5. Let's say I am cruising at 65 with the offset limit at +5 on a 60 mph road. I enter a 50 posted zone that is recognized. The car will automatically reduce to 55. When the posted limit increases again. The car automatically increases to the original set speed of 65. So, I think there is one limitation. The car will never exceed the original cruise setting. So, set it at the maximum speed you will be traveling. I have used this on hwys and aux roads.

Not sure if it is AP2 only. I haven't used on non AP2. If I set my offset at +5, and then pull the stalk and hold, it will set cruise to +5. Let's say I am cruising at 65 with the offset limit at +5 on a 60 mph road. I enter a 50 posted zone that is recognized. The car will automatically reduce to 55. When the posted limit increases again. The car automatically increases to the original set speed of 65. So, I think there is one limitation. The car will never exceed the original cruise setting. So, set it at the maximum speed you will be traveling. I have used this on hwys and aux roads.
Thanks will try again

Speed governors set within 20mph of the flow of traffic can cause accidents. Sometimes you need to jump out of a bad situation and the only way out is forward.

I would never use this feature. Not even for teen drivers. What I would use is a push notification if a certain speed is exceeded. I want them in trouble, not wrecked or injured.

Reactions: Tech_Guy