Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Please walk me though purchase steps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok being that for all tesla cars the purchase is made directly from the company could someone break down the steps from finalizing the options for the order to driving the car. also if you are in michigan which tesla isnt allow to sell in this state some of the info on registering/getting plates and insurance

please fill in the blanks

• Finalize order
  • receive order summary with total due
  • finalize financing (either through tesla or on your own)
  • how do you send payment?
  • car shipped to you and you start driving
please help fill in the blanks

Thanks

Ok being that for all tesla cars the purchase is made directly from the company could someone break down the steps from finalizing the options for the order to driving the car. also if you are in michigan which tesla isnt allow to sell in this state some of the info on registering/getting plates and insurance

please fill in the blanks

• Finalize order
  • receive order summary with total due
  • finalize financing (either through tesla or on your own)
  • how do you send payment?
  • car shipped to you and you start driving
please help fill in the blanks

Thanks

This was posted in the FAQ tab of the Model 3 Owners page.

Because Tesla vehicles are made-to-order, you will receive several communications from Tesla during the course of production.

Before Model 3 production begins, Tesla will send out invitations to certain geographical areas, starting on the West coast and moving East, to the online-configurator. This website will allow you to configure your Model 3 to your liking including colour, options, charging etc... Pricing and delivery dates will change based on your chosen options.

You have one week top make changes to your oder before the factory will begin sourcing materials. During this time the deposit is fully refundable.

Once you car begins production your deposit becomes non-refundable and will be applied to the total purchase price of your Model 3.

This information is subject to change based on Model 3 production plans and ramp schedule in late 2017.

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: Tes LA and 808?
I want to get my Model 3 as early as possible. Based on what is known about Model S/X orders: will my spot in the production queue be determined only by the time I finalize the configuration or will I also have to have the payment/finance completed before I get a spot in the production queue?

Here is a helpful guide from Tesla on the Model S delivery process ... What to Expect | Tesla Motors

upload_2016-4-27_0-42-37.png