TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Please walk me though purchase steps

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by crazybarracuda, Apr 26, 2016.

1. crazybarracuda

Ok being that for all tesla cars the purchase is made directly from the company could someone break down the steps from finalizing the options for the order to driving the car. also if you are in michigan which tesla isnt allow to sell in this state some of the info on registering/getting plates and insurance

please fill in the blanks

• Finalize order
    • receive order summary with total due
    • finalize financing (either through tesla or on your own)
    • how do you send payment?
    • car shipped to you and you start driving
    please help fill in the blanks

Thanks

2. Dan Detweiler

Dan Detweiler Member

This was posted in the FAQ tab of the Model 3 Owners page.

Because Tesla vehicles are made-to-order, you will receive several communications from Tesla during the course of production.

Before Model 3 production begins, Tesla will send out invitations to certain geographical areas, starting on the West coast and moving East, to the online-configurator. This website will allow you to configure your Model 3 to your liking including colour, options, charging etc... Pricing and delivery dates will change based on your chosen options.

You have one week top make changes to your oder before the factory will begin sourcing materials. During this time the deposit is fully refundable.

Once you car begins production your deposit becomes non-refundable and will be applied to the total purchase price of your Model 3.

This information is subject to change based on Model 3 production plans and ramp schedule in late 2017.

• Helpful x 1
    • Informative x 1
  3. StefanSarzio

StefanSarzio New Member

I want to get my Model 3 as early as possible. Based on what is known about Model S/X orders: will my spot in the production queue be determined only by the time I finalize the configuration or will I also have to have the payment/finance completed before I get a spot in the production queue?

4. FlatSix911

FlatSix911 918 Hybrid

• Like x 2
  5. crazybarracuda

flatsix911 at the first step in that table it says insurance. At that point do you have the vin to give to your insurance to setup coverage

6. FlatSix911

FlatSix911 918 Hybrid

I was provided the VIN at step one and was asked for proof of Insurance at the Delivery appointment.

7. crazybarracuda

thanks for the quick response. as of right now i see tesla financing does not allow for financing in michigan so i will need to go with external financing

8. Dan Detweiler

Dan Detweiler Member

Am I correct in noticing that it appears that Tesla communicates directly with your lending institution to get the information it needs?

Dan