Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plug-in car Grant now £3000 (was £3500) for cars under £50k

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think this is a good find. I reckon Tesla will have raised the OLEV start of claim soon after order (or they should have) so I think this, in the eyes of OLEV, will be registration in the portal. Do you not think?

I think any sensible company would register for the grant on the portal as soon as an order is made, to lock in the grant, especially in the run up to a budget. There’s no downside and it mitigates against adverse developments like this one...

Sales guy in Bristol. Gave him my RN and he basically said that I'd provided all of the information they needed back in February and that the car had been registered on the portal already and as long as I didn't make any change to the spec then the price wouldn't change.
This is good to hear - I assume that your account page shows the whole "we are drafting up your contract" spiel? If so then I'm in the clear too!

Reactions: AnthonyLR
more reason's not to panic (i think)

upload_2020-3-11_18-52-4.png

Not quite sure this is correct - the guidance (https://assets.publishing.service.g...a/file/768517/plug-in-portal-dft-guidance.pdf) states that the grant can be applied for as soon as the contract is signed by the customer (Section 3.9) and will be honoured at the level as at the time of ordering provided that the vehicle is registered within 9 months (Section 3.10). The process flow overview (page 11) shows that the application process can be started immediately, with VIN and registration details being added as they become available.

On my reading, as long as the grant has been applied for before 11.59 tonight, it will be honoured. The question is whether it is Tesla’s practice to apply as soon as they are able to.
I was going by what I was told when I collected the Kona electric back in August 2018. I actually sat with the dealer while he did the PIG registration on the day I collected. He told me it could only be done after registration. Obviously he was mistaken/bulling me! :)

What number are you calling?
I think any Tesla will do. Speak to Sales, the New Car Deliveries lines are closed. If you're at the "We're drafting your contract" and have been for some time then I'd say you're probably safe though.

I would think after tonight Tesla will have to drop the price of the LR by £10 or something, to get it under the threshold, and they would be absorbing a £510 hit (£500 from the difference in PICG from this point forwards, £10 to get it under £50k).

P though, that's a tough one.. they'd have to drop it by £5,501 which seems unlikely. More likely I'd have thought is a ~£2.5k price drop with Tesla and customers splitting the difference.

Reactions: pow216
I really hope my lease company and Tesla back office have got their together and done this!

just had a right meltdown with the missus so thanks to all those above who have rang and investigated the implications and fingers crossed they are all ok.

Now where’s my Car Elon

I think any Tesla will do. Speak to Sales, the New Car Deliveries lines are closed. If you're at the "We're drafting your contract" and have been for some time then I'd say you're probably safe though.

I would think after tonight Tesla will have to drop the price of the LR by £10 or something, to get it under the threshold, and they would be absorbing a £510 hit (£500 from the difference in PICG from this point forwards, £10 to get it under £50k).

P though, that's a tough one.. they'd have to drop it by £5,501 which seems unlikely. More likely I'd have thought is a ~£2.5k price drop with Tesla and customers splitting the difference.

Plus the lack of the "luxury" car tax softens that a bit more for the customer too