Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Polestar 2 coming in September?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the sample question here is are you ok being an early adopter? If the car is a lemon, will you be able to eat the $$ or are you stuck with it?

It's easy to look at a spec sheet and see the things that look great, not so easy to spot the things you take for granted with Tesla (e.g. how good will Polestar be with software updates?).

I think the sample question here is are you ok being an early adopter? If the car is a lemon, will you be able to eat the $$ or are you stuck with it?

It's easy to look at a spec sheet and see the things that look great, not so easy to spot the things you take for granted with Tesla (e.g. how good will Polestar be with software updates?).
It's a new car - it has warranty, and comes from a known brand. In relative age it is not Tesla which is/was a much more unknown quantity.

You would also buy the car today, based on what you see today, for what it can do today. I didn't get the Tesla because there's a *chance* 2 years down the road they'll add my subscription of Amazon Music as a service to the entertainment system.

And after all, a gigantic experiential component of driving the car isn't helped by software. That's what you touch and feel, your seating position, pedal and wheel placement, the materials, the suspension design, the soundproofing, the visibility, the textures and surfaces......

....that's more than a spec sheet, more than promises of software

I've visited user forums for most of Tesla's actual (cars sold and on the road now) and they all seem to have the same "problems" poor software, mediocre range, 12 volt battery problems and uninformed dealers. The software problems seem to be persistent even after many updates.

The Polestar 2 is the newest but there are already a good number of gripes about buggy software. Lots of worried folks with orders in.

Reactions: Watts_Up
Well Geely just recalled all Polestar 2s due to software issue. From Reuters:

Geely's EV maker Polestar recalls all new Polestar 2 sedans -Swedish daily DI

"The recall of close to 2,200 vehicles delivered so far will be made after several cars lost power and stopped running even while driving, the paper said."

Wonder who is responsible for the software programming in this car. I'd be surprised if it was Geely in China.

Last edited:
Reactions: Olds442
Posted this in the other polestar thread but it seems that the EPA range is 233 miles. Kind of rough that they get almost 100 fewer miles out of a 3 kWh larger battery pack.

0A17626D-20E6-489D-9897-99679C598103.jpeg

Reactions: EVMeister