Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: 3x - 4x mph Refreshed Model S (LR and Plaid) Vibration issue build / VIN ranges

IF you have this vibration, what are your first three (of last six) VIN digits?

• Less than MF432x

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • MF43201 - MF436x

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • MF43601 - MF439

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • MF43901 - MF443

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • MF44301 - MF447

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • MF44701 - MF452

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • MF45201 - >MF455

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • 2022 NF series

Votes: 9 17.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Summary of issue, as I reported to the SC

• Vibration felt in accelerator pedal; passenger’s also feel it on the floor and through the console.
  • Occurs: between 38 – 58+ mph
  • Conditions: Constant speed (e.g., holding 43-47 mph +/-), or under very slight acceleration in this range, especially after transition from regen (green bar) to slight acceleration (bit of gray bar)
  • Frequency: Occurs more than 50% of the time; varies in intensity from drive to drive
  • Started: Developed around the 2000 mile odo mark
  • “Feels” more of an electrical issue (DU, inverter, controller of some sort) than mechanical, but Tesla SC “supposedly” replaced half shafts and did a 4-wheel alignment (Did not fix the problem)…
  • Not tires as condition existed with delivered summer tires and SC installed all season Continentals
  • Not alignment as car tracks fine, although yoke is not centered; now skewed slightly right (after SC visit).

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Drew-MS and bhzmark
Added mine in @jebinc. Details from our posts elsewhere.
So it is definitely there, really subtle in my opinion. And really inconsistent. I could replicate it two or three times in a row, then nothing for several acceleration. Try again, get it once, then nothing. Try it again, nothing. Slow down, rev up and its there.

For me, it is closer to 50 although that could just be the speedometer turning faster my eyes can catchup / looking up and down. No passenger to confirm the passenger side has it in the foot well.

Reactions: jebinc
Sure sounds like something is loose.
Would help explain problem coming & going.
Closer look at suspension parts and ball joints and steering system too. Wheel bearing ??

please let us know when problem fixed - thanks.

@Brando Half shafts replaces, wheels alighted, tires balanced. Not fixed. Many seem to be infected with this flu as well, unfortunately. Inherent refreshed MS design defect, probably.