Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jebinc’s Plaid Vibration Experiment Results!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took the vibrating mid 2021 Plaid out for the first time since 44.30.7 installation yesterday.... It was about a 15 mile round trip. For the most part, no real vibration in the typical zone of 38-48 (low or med height), but there is still a muted vibration (mostly at med height) in the mid to upper 50's. Once above 62, there is no vibration. Would love for others to test for vibration in the 50's at low and med height settings. Not sure if the improvements stem from randomness, or if 44.30.7 had a fix for those left out, previously. Perhaps some of the older COVID build cars had different inverters or suppliers. Who knows....
That's promising! I only really care about the low height. I'd leave mine on low all the time.

Thanks. Just replied. Based on that post it's not even close to proof they didn't cut total power under some part of the curve. Not until I see a speed/power graph before and after.

Reactions: jebinc
@Muzzman1 already took logs under full power. Still doing high 700s kW power.

Peak power means nothing. The logs for my MXP with battery ready mode and 90% SOC peaked at 845 kw. Unless I see a graph of power and speed, you can't be sure they didn't pull power from somewhere in the curve....like where it will prevent the cv joints from bending when bearing races are already distorted. Since the Plaid is already traction limited where this happens, full battery power isn't even a thing yet but taking power from the front and putting it to the back seems very unlikely since all 4 wheels are already traction limited.

Let me know what sort of telemetry you'd like me to get for you via draggy, via TesLAX etc. Happy to help
Here's a 0-90 rip at 70% SOC. The car was not lacking in power in any way. FYI this was on a road in "Mexico", with some wet spots, so there was some traction control happening during the run.

@Muzzman1 already took logs under full power. Still doing high 700s kW power.
I thought his chart showed peak power at 716.5 kW.

Screenshot 2024-01-05 at 2.29.22 PM.png

Hopefully Tesla learned from their mistakes with "launch gate" and the P90DL. I remember that one and had one of the affected cars with the "launch counter" where they took away power after too many launches.
I'm sure Tesla Plaid Channel installs his updates and would report back a sudden change in quarter mile times. Can we stop reaching for straws?

Reactions: n2mb_racing