Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[POLL] <Anonymous> Net Worth if you are buying a Model 3

Your Net worth if you are a Model 3 buyer

• < $50K

Votes: 15 6.4%
  • < $100K

Votes: 18 7.7%
  • < $250K

Votes: 23 9.8%
  • < $500K

Votes: 32 13.6%
  • < $750K

• < $1M

• < $2M

Votes: 43 18.3%
  • < $3M

Votes: 16 6.8%
  • < $5M

Votes: 21 8.9%
  • < $10M

Votes: 9 3.8%
  • < $20M

Votes: 8 3.4%
  • >$20M+

Votes: 4 1.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This poll is only going to capture those who don't think posting your income on line is unwise. (I know, I know - he said it's anonymous!)
Definitely a strong enough selection bias to make it useless.

I've been around this forum long enough to say with confidence that the monied people here are by and large not braggarts and would not go out of their way to cause envy in fellow EV enthusiasts. These money polls are just fodder for social class warfare.

Reactions: Max*
Even if this poll collected an honest, random spread of data, it would have an obvious fault: for the bottom 99% of the country net worth is tied up in the home.
I don't think it's as cut and dry as that.

Bottom X% (maybe 75%?) sure. But somewhere between X% (75%?) and Y% (95%?) is probably a combination of house + retirement accounts. And the top Z% (96%+? 98%+? 99%+?) it likely the former (house + retirement) as well as other assets, cash, investment accounts, etc.

I don't think it's as cut and dry as that.

Bottom X% (maybe 75%?) sure. But somewhere between X% (75%?) and Y% (95%?) is probably a combination of house + retirement accounts. And the top Z% (96%+? 98%+? 99%+?) it likely the former (house + retirement) as well as other assets, cash, investment accounts, etc.
We will have to agree to agree

;-)

• Funny
Reactions: sixela and Max*
I read these money polls with surprise that anybody takes them at face value or would participate truthfully.
Even if they do participate truthfully, we have the damning problem of selection bias. Those who choose to participate may not be like those who do not choose to participate. So the results only apply to that group which chooses to participate--- no way to interpret what the results mean ...

• Informative
Reactions: DR61 and ohmman
Even if they do participate truthfully, we have the damning problem of selection bias. Those who choose to participate may not be like those who do not choose to participate. So the results only apply to that group which chooses to participate--- no way to interpret what the results mean ...
I chose not to participate. Whatever that means! ;)

I laughed when I saw this poll. Sorry. But I doubt the veracity of it for reasons above mentioned.

What I think those that maybe are interested in buying a Tesla but still not in a good financial position to do so are really wanting to know is not so much one’s net worth but how did you manage to buy yours. The answers would range from Lease it, gift from parent, smart stock moves, bonus at work, working girl, kept a previous car for years without car payments and saved that way, inherited money, just a good saver over the years, have a “sugar”daddy, stretching it a bit now, no kids so more disposable money, spouse has a good job, combined household salaries, stayed married and didn’t get divorced, stopped buying Starbucks drinks years ago ;):p and the reasons could go on. Not sure why people are so interested in what people make as it’s not necessarily a reason why people drive the cars they do.