Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Poll] - are you mad that your new Tesla just missed Autopilot 2.0?

Are you mad that your new Tesla just missed Autopilot 2.0?

• Extremely Pissed!! I want refund or compensation!

Votes: 63 14.7%
  • Mad!! In shock! I will be in daze for days...

Votes: 38 8.8%
  • Slightly mad, but understandable since technology always improve

Votes: 90 20.9%
  • Not sure/ neutral

Votes: 11 2.6%
  • It is alright. Thank god I leased my Tesla instead of owning!

Votes: 36 8.4%
  • Not mad. Know that it is coming given the rumors about Autopilot 2.0

Votes: 38 8.8%
  • Not mad at all. It is good that Tesla keep improving Autopilot hardware

Votes: 129 30.0%
  • None of the above.

Votes: 25 5.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
there is no way that low-ranking employees know the top secret of a company. If everyone in the company knows about new features, leaks will go out to public easily, consumers will just keep holding off their purchases until the next best thing.
Everyone on this forum thinks people love and breathe Tesla.

There are 4 Tesla in my city. The other 3 do not even know autopilot 2.0 is out. I can guarantee. Nor would it effect future purchases, but people who care would just adjust order window.

And those people are the most vocal, BTW.

It's not worst strategy ever. Speaking from missing by 2 weeks.. if I just got my original delivery estimate I would have got 2.0. Instead I was rushed to meet q3 numbers.

P100d people should be most mad. End of story.

So I keep hearing that the S has rear USB ports and cup holders but not seen any pictures, can you provide ? Take it they are on the rear of the center console ????

Yes. Pictures in this thread, post #26:

Finally! The new rear cupholders!

So Tesla threw me a bone and my car was one of the first to get the cup holders. Then they introduced AP2.0. They also threw me a bone when I bought my first car. I was one of the first to get "drum roll" the cabin ionizer. The next improvement after that was AP1.0. Basically, my timing sucks. I'll post when I buy my next Tesla so everyone can order their car a couple months later.

Last edited:
My 90D is still on a ship, so theoretically, I can refuse to take it and order another one. Who am I kidding, apart from the fact it's the wrong thing to do, the last three months have been the longest of my life. What worries me most, is that I suspect Tesla will throw most if it's resources behind Autopilot 2.0 and the rest of us will be mostly forgotten.

I hope Tesla keeps plenty of techies working on our cars. Constant upgrades was one of the main things that attracted me to the car in the first place.

I am thrilled with my new P90D, about a month old. It makes me smile every time I drive it.

It has the old nose, I signed up for it 2 days before the P100D was announced, it has AP1 and it doesn't even have the "fastest" P90 battery. I have no regrets at all -- it is an amazing car and a joy to drive. I knew that if I waited I could get AP 2 and it would be even more amazing, but I decided not to. I really don't care -- the car is awesome. I will turn it in at the end of the lease in a couple years (probably for a Model 3) and I would likely have done the same if I had bought it instead.

Yes, that's true.. but that is not the point. The value of our cars just dropped significantly. Your possibility to trade in our sell just got a whole lot worse.

That is my biggest concern. It's one thing to miss out on features. As others have said, it may take a while before fully autonomous driving really become a reality. It's another thing if there is a significant impact on the value of our cars as it doesn't have the hardware to enable autonomous driving in the future. My car is only 3 months old and I feel I just lost a whole bunch of money.

That is my biggest concern. It's one thing to miss out on features. As others have said, it may take a while before fully autonomous driving really become a reality. It's another thing if there is a significant impact on the value of our cars as it doesn't have the hardware to enable autonomous driving in the future. My car is only 3 months old and I feel I just lost a whole bunch of money.
People here keep saying their AP1 car suddenly depreciated a lot due to AP2.0. It is true only if AP 2.0 costs the same as AP 1.0, but it is not. If you go for the full-autonomous AP 2.0, is costs 5000 dollars more compared to AP 1.0 (or $5500 if you bought AP 1.0 at $2500). The additional 5000 dollars is enough to prevent most of the depreciation that people are talking about here.

Reactions: Wanderer
The best part about the announcement is that in a few years, when we are out of warranty on our 70D and ready to trade in, all of the announced features of AP 2.0 should be working and available. I am also going to agree that the new, higher, AP 2.0 price will help keep our AP 1.0 from losing much value.

Hindsight is 20/20. For reasons not fun to describe in delayed my order by a month . But the minute Elon tweeted I decided to wait. So turned out to be a bit lucky. But I'm confident our hardware will be obsolete in a year. Can understand how pissed folks would be if they missed by days/weeks. But at the end of the day AP is a nice toy and any Tesla is a great car !

You can see my cars in my sig. I paid $90K for the S85 just before AP1.0 and AWD were introduced. I traded it in for $50K last month after 26 months of ownership. If AP had not been introduced I'd still be driving it and it would have been worth a lot more than $50K to me and others, so for sure AP1 reduced the value of my S85. I expect the same thing will happen to my new AP1.0 car, especially because there were only 100,000 sold and software updates will be few and far between. But after a few years it will only be maybe a $10K difference so it's not the end of the world. And having only AP1 won't diminish the joy of driving for probably 95% of the time - maybe 100% of the time for the next few years.

But yeah, it does hurt to miss something really cool by a month or 2. Twice is my case. :(

You can see my cars in my sig. I paid $90K for the S85 just before AP1.0 and AWD were introduced. I traded it in for $50K last month after 26 months of ownership. If AP had not been introduced I'd still be driving it and it would have been worth a lot more than $50K to me and others, so for sure AP1 reduced the value of my S85. I expect the same thing will happen to my new AP1.0 car, especially because there were only 100,000 sold and software updates will be few and far between. But after a few years it will only be maybe a $10K difference so it's not the end of the world. And having only AP1 won't diminish the joy of driving for probably 95% of the time - maybe 100% of the time for the next few years.

But yeah, it does hurt to miss something really cool by a month or 2. Twice is my case. :(
That is brutal and terribly unlucky :(

I feel for you.

At least you locked in two free $7500 checks to ease the pain a little bit.

I missed 2.0 by days... will probably take the loss and get a 2017 2.0 (hopefully with folding X seats). And am hoping two $7500 checks ease the pain a bit. Day one I probably took a $17500 hit (so $10k after credit)

It doesn't sound unusual at all to get $50k on a trade in for a 2+ year old car with an original $90k MSRP.