Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: debadge P100D?

Debadge?

• Yes!!

• Are you kidding? No way.

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I dealt with dealers, I always told them I wanted the vehicle to come with no dealer decals. And they left them off for me. It's just free advertising for them, and cheesy as heck.

Good to know. My in-laws got a new $50K car this summer and the dealer glued a badge on there bigger than the model badge. And at about a 10 degrees off level! Looks like junk.

Reactions: DriverOne
This is the view from my office... glad I am going incognito!

Attachments

• 20180814_125313.jpg
    20180814_125313.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 159
I wouldn't *think* of debadging when I finally get my MX P100D early next year. I know I'm in the minority (and to each his own) but I like the way the badge looks. I'm planning to keep it there because the badge is for *me* not for the public. It's about what *I* feel when I approach the car, not what the public thinks as I'm tooling around. Again, to each his own, but my badge is staying ;-)

That's actually the reason I decided to go ahead and do it. My patients have a clear view of the rear of my car from the treatment areas and I don't want someone getting upset over the doctor's expensive ride that "they paid for."

In my experience, people either know it's a Tesla and assume the "expensive ride that they paid for" or think it's a minivan - the fact that it's a P100D wouldn't really change people's minds on what to think of your car,, unless they know a lot about Teslas, which in *most* cases means they're also owners or at least in the market for one.

View attachment 344022 So its debadged now, but im actually chrome deleting the 100 and underline, keeping the red P and D adding rear lighted logo, and swapping out Model X emblem with Space X emblem (no chrome delete on space x) also will have chrome tesla etched plate covers.
20181208_101600.jpg
replaced model x with space x, rear lighted t the p100d underline getting chrome deleted keeping red p d

Last edited:
Where did you guys get the Falcon X or SpaceX badge? I’m getting my X later on today that I fully wrapped and the guy told me he needs to order new badges from Tesla as he can’t reinstall the one he took off. So either I keep it debadged or I order something like that. :)

I got my space x from carsoda.com

As far as putting your badges back on, its super simple, its just 3m double sided tape, if your wrap guy couldnt figure that out, thats not a good sign. Not to mention he should have multiple adhesives he could use at a wrap/tint shop.

But if you are switching out badges, theres lots of custom colors for the P and D. I originally had my 100 and underline chrome deleted with plastidip, but have since removed the dip and made them chrome again.

At the mall there was a guy from Germany that asked me what version of the Model X I had since I'm currently debadged. When I told him P100D he said, "Ooohhh, the really fast one!"

Later on I saw him inside a store and we talked about the Mercedes EQC. He talks about how disappointing the specs are and how the German manufacturers aren't close to Tesla. Nice to see some German enthusiasm for EVs!

Reactions: Anzir