TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Poll: debadge P100D?

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by Anzir, Aug 7, 2018.

?

Debadge?

1. Yes!!

2. Are you kidding? No way.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. jboy210

jboy210 Supporting Member

Good to know. My in-laws got a new $50K car this summer and the dealer glued a badge on there bigger than the model badge. And at about a 10 degrees off level! Looks like junk.

• Like x 1
  2. Anzir

Anzir Supporting Member

This is the view from my office... glad I am going incognito!

Attached Files:

3. TexasRat

TexasRat Member

No one is going to see that or accuse :p You could slap those badges back on if you want.

• Like x 1
  4. Thomas_K

Thomas_K Member

Debadged my P85 and just ordered a X100D.
    Thinking of finding a 60 badge from a Model S and cobble together P18650D on the X. :D

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
  5. ScubaMal

ScubaMal Supporting Member

20180724_074207.jpg

• Like x 2
  6. BryWay

BryWay Member

I wouldn't *think* of debadging when I finally get my MX P100D early next year. I know I'm in the minority (and to each his own) but I like the way the badge looks. I'm planning to keep it there because the badge is for *me* not for the public. It's about what *I* feel when I approach the car, not what the public thinks as I'm tooling around. Again, to each his own, but my badge is staying ;-)

• Like x 2
    • Love x 1
  7. GalaxySurfer

GalaxySurfer Life, The Universe and Everything.

20181012_164747.jpg So its debadged now, but im actually chrome deleting the 100 and underline, keeping the red P and D adding rear lighted logo, and swapping out Model X emblem with Space X emblem (no chrome delete on space x) also will have chrome tesla etched plate covers.

• Like x 2
    • Love x 1
  8. CjRichMar

CjRichMar Member

In my experience, people either know it's a Tesla and assume the "expensive ride that they paid for" or think it's a minivan - the fact that it's a P100D wouldn't really change people's minds on what to think of your car,, unless they know a lot about Teslas, which in *most* cases means they're also owners or at least in the market for one.

9. Anzir

Anzir Supporting Member

I get at least a question or 2 per week about "is that your Tesla?" I'm glad it's debadged.

10. MXWing

MXWing Well-Known Member

Are you a plastic surgeon?

You should just drive in a debadged P Model 3.

11. Anzir

Anzir Supporting Member

Orthodontist. And I need a 6 seater for the 3 kids.

• Like x 1
  12. GalaxySurfer

20181208_101600.jpg replaced model x with space x, rear lighted t the p100d underline getting chrome deleted keeping red p d

13. WolfofDKR

WolfofDKR Member

haha winner

14. Bogobec

Bogobec Member

#54 Bogobec, Dec 20, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
    Where did you guys get the Falcon X or SpaceX badge? I’m getting my X later on today that I fully wrapped and the guy told me he needs to order new badges from Tesla as he can’t reinstall the one he took off. So either I keep it debadged or I order something like that. :)

15. Don TLR

Don TLR Member

So you drive out of the state 5 times a day ?? Coming from a Fellow Rhode Islandah :D

16. GalaxySurfer

I got my space x from carsoda.com

As far as putting your badges back on, its super simple, its just 3m double sided tape, if your wrap guy couldnt figure that out, thats not a good sign. Not to mention he should have multiple adhesives he could use at a wrap/tint shop.

But if you are switching out badges, theres lots of custom colors for the P and D. I originally had my 100 and underline chrome deleted with plastidip, but have since removed the dip and made them chrome again.

17. tpham07

tpham07 Active Member

Not everyday but i do have to drive to CT multiple times a week. Its where our corporate office is. haha :|

• Like x 1
  18. thecloud

thecloud As rhythm raced inside, the ship came alive

Just back into the parking space. Problem solved! ;)

• Like x 1
  19. Anzir

Anzir Supporting Member

It is backed in... so that I can hook to the HPWC easily. It doesn't help that I did the chrome delete on the rear so "Tesla" is easily seen.

20. HandleX

HandleX Member

At the mall there was a guy from Germany that asked me what version of the Model X I had since I'm currently debadged. When I told him P100D he said, "Ooohhh, the really fast one!"

Later on I saw him inside a store and we talked about the Mercedes EQC. He talks about how disappointing the specs are and how the German manufacturers aren't close to Tesla. Nice to see some German enthusiasm for EVs!

• Like x 1