Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: Is FSD a complete crock?

Poll: Is FSD a complete crock?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What exactly are you happy with above and beyond the standard AP available in all models? I genuinely want to know.

Yes, I thought I was getting something ahead of the competition. Not years behind Waymo and probably GM too.
Waymo is not a product for public cars. It is extremely expensive and only for Taxis. GM works only on designated limited access highways. It does not change lanes. AP is better than that. I love the fact that I can use AP on any road with lines. I'm very happy Tesla doesn't use eye tracking technology even though I watch the road.
I use FSD all the time from on ramp to off ramp. I love being able to change lanes to move away from trucks, etc. This is a major advantage over AP.
I very much look forward to FSD on all roads but I am in no hurry. What we have already is the most useful. I am a much safer driver and I really enjoy driving now.
I must admit that I have been looking forward to this technology for decades. What is being accomplished in front of our eyes is huge. I am in awe. I look forward to every little upgrade. Just noticing little improvements impresses me.
Autopark and Summon are icing on the cake. The glass is much more than half full in my eyes.
The price just went up to $7k too. Maybe you should consider that you saved a grand?

Waymo is not a product for public cars. It is extremely expensive and only for Taxis. GM works only on designated limited access highways. It does not change lanes. AP is better than that. I love the fact that I can use AP on any road with lines.
I guess you've missed Cruise Automation (GM owns them now) work that we've discussed. Take a look at some of the videos at Cruise like these:

And, look at Cruise Automation's disengagement rate and autonomous miles driven on CA public roads at UPDATE: Disengagement Reports 2018 – Final Results.

This is not that same as Super Cruise available on some Cadillacs.

I guess you've missed Cruise Automation (GM owns them now) work that we've discussed. Take a look at some of the videos at Cruise like these:

And, look at Cruise Automation's disengagement rate and autonomous miles driven on CA public roads at UPDATE: Disengagement Reports 2018 – Final Results.

This is not that same as Super Cruise available on some Cadillacs.
Yes, there are many companies making great progress on expensive robotaxis in select environments including Cruise. How many ride hails get rejected because it requires an unallowed route?
Most of these companies including GM's Cruise have no concrete plans to release in consumer cars. You currently have a Tesla that has logged billions of FSD miles by consumers like us! It's not perfect but it is safer than cars without FSD and improving rapidly. What can you buy even next year that remotely compares to Tesla FSD today? Teslas are the safest cars and there are no restrictions on where you can use FSD. Amazing!!!

Waymo is not a product for public cars. It is extremely expensive and only for Taxis. GM works only on designated limited access highways. It does not change lanes. AP is better than that. I love the fact that I can use AP on any road with lines. I'm very happy Tesla doesn't use eye tracking technology even though I watch the road.
I use FSD all the time from on ramp to off ramp. I love being able to change lanes to move away from trucks, etc. This is a major advantage over AP.
I very much look forward to FSD on all roads but I am in no hurry. What we have already is the most useful. I am a much safer driver and I really enjoy driving now.
I must admit that I have been looking forward to this technology for decades. What is being accomplished in front of our eyes is huge. I am in awe. I look forward to every little upgrade. Just noticing little improvements impresses me.
Autopark and Summon are icing on the cake. The glass is much more than half full in my eyes.
The price just went up to $7k too. Maybe you should consider that you saved a grand?

Couldn’t have said it better myself! I’m in awe of Tesla and their innovation.

Reactions: MichaelP90DL