Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: NEW Model X Delivery Experience 2019

Any issues with your NEW 2019 Model X at Delivery?

• [A] 0 Defect or Minor Negligible Defect

Votes: 30 48.4%
  • [B] 1-3 Defects

Votes: 17 27.4%
  • [C] 4-6 Defects

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • [D] 7 or More Defects

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • [E] Major Defect or Contemplated Refusing Delivery

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • [F] Refused Delivery / Returned the X

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  • Funny
Reactions: jerseygirl18
X picked up in Denver in mid-June. No issues at delivery.

Approaching 5,000 miles now. Only issue we've seen is that the AC died last week. Wound up being a broken o-ring in the rear-seat portion of the HVAC. Service told me that occasionally the robot that installs this part is too rough, causing a slow leak in the system and eventual failure. I live near the service center so I just dropped in. They snuck me in due to the hot weather we're seeing this week, and had me out in < 90 minutes. The tech even, when he saw I had my girls with me, ran back to the waiting area and pulled out Tesla coloring books and crayons for them.

My advice is to relax and not worry overmuch. While I know that some deliveries go south, it's not the norm, and my own experiences with Tesla employees have been very positive even when there's a problem like I had this week.

Edit - non-P LR, Red, Cream.

So far, 10/20 voters have the same experience as you.
Only 50% had no issues at delivery. We need more people to share these experiences.
For now, the rest of us, we chill - like you said.
Thanks for sharing.

So far, 10/20 voters have the same experience as you.
Only 50% had no issues at delivery. We need more people to share these experiences.
For now, the rest of us, we chill - like you said.
Thanks for sharing.
I think we tend to forget that these people at the service centers have nothing to do with causing the problems and from my perspective having been there several times at least five actually looking at the car test driving it many times my impression is these people are either Tesla Evangelists that work part time and others who are using this to help them get through school or keep them busy while they’re retired they’re really not hard-core sales people or customer service people and expecting anything more than what they are providing is kind of expecting too much!! If the car arrives With issues they really started in California and ELON Really needs to get his service centers, his sales peeps & others that deal with buyers or Potential buyers to get trained better and therefore get their act performing at a higher level
We received our Vin number today and was told that if we didn’t choose a date to take delivery in 24 hours they would assign us one who speaks to customers like that who offers ultimatums To a customer who just purchased $100,000 vehicle or anyone for that matter you just don’t talk to people like that and then put it in writing that’s really not a professional in the list

We received our Vin number today and was told that if we didn’t choose a date to take delivery in 24 hours they would assign us one who speaks to customers like that who offers ultimatums To a customer who just purchased $100,000 vehicle or anyone for that matter you just don’t talk to people like that and then put it in writing that’s really not a professional in the list

:(:mad::confused:
Which delivery date did you pick?

Recap:

11/21 or 52.4% must be so happy at delivery day. :D

Keep them votes coming! o_O
Screenshot_20190907-135455_Samsung Internet.jpg

Took delivery today. Went over the car, fit and finish were excellent! Found no issues (other than me being scared sh?tless driving it home). Extremely pleased with the Model X and Tesla. SC was great, answered all my calls and questions prior to pickup. All in all a great experience.

Good to hear. Which SC was it?
Enjoy the ride, and thanks for the vote.

hoping to raise your % higher...we took delivery of "Sushi" Friday 9/13
i did a visual sweep of the paint job and any misalignment parts..practically excellent...one area seemed to have maybe an 1/32 " spread wider than other side..but everything moved well....
so NO issues!! YAY Fremont!!
i would like to ask...does anyone find it odd that the X has so much open space for viewing the outside that the inside rear viewing mirror is so tiny?

Reactions: Petrocelli
LR Model X, Midnight Silver, Black/Ash interior, 7 seats. Ordered 8/26/2019, delivered 9/14/2019.

Small 1/2" slit in the material on the side of driver's seat. Documented through the delivery person's app. Will schedule mobile service to replace the seat. A few areas inside the car were dirty, and had to be cleaned by the delivery person. All of this should have been taken care of prior to delivery, but the overall experience was positive. Reading all the posts, I was expecting a disaster, and was pleased that it went well.

Mercedes at the Mt. Kisco, NY Service Center did a great job delivering my new Model X. Thank you!

Reactions: RoBoRaT