Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: Which financing are you taking? Tesla/Wells Fargo, Another Bank, Credit Union,

Which Financing Are You Taking ?

• Tesla/Wells Fargo

Votes: 27 20.3%
  • Another Bank

Votes: 13 9.8%
  • Credit Union

Votes: 58 43.6%
  • No Finance , Cash Purchase

Votes: 35 26.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It really boils down to what makes you sleep better at night. The extra 'insurance' you pay with the higher rate and guaranteed residual value or being able to invest the extra in tesla stock. Personally, I would try to leverage the one rate against the other to see if you can get a better rate thru tesla finance
I have two options in front of me as of now
which one look better?

Tesla Financing by US BANK @ 2.8% for a 72 month term and finance of $78884 with Resale Value Guarantee
Financing by Alliant Credit Union @ 1.74% for a 72 month term and finance of $83240 but no resale value

Need your thoughts and input

RN544xx3 - VIN 11141 - 85kWh Model S - Blue - Air ride - 19" wheels - Tan leather - Obeche wood gloss

Reserved: 03/31/2013, sent for production : 04/21/2013 Delivery:??/??/????

I started the process with Penfed but it seemed like it was going to turn into a hassle. I'm working through the process with Alliant. I can't complete the process yet since I'm still waiting for my VIN, but so far Alliant has been great and SO easy to work with. Expecting my VIN within the next week and look forward to finalizing with Alliant at 1.49%.

The Alliant CU web site has a link for 'how to join' and there is a link there to the foundation they prefer. That jumps you to the foundation page--just join and donate $10. Once you are a donor (instantaneous) you go back and join the CU. Fast and easy.

went with alliant, very firendly and fast service 1.74% for 72 months for an anount of $83000 and GAP insurance purchased.

RN544xx3 - VIN 11141 - 85kWh Model S - Blue - Air ride - 19" wheels - Tan leather - Obeche wood gloss

Reserved: 03/31/2013, sent for production : 04/21/2013 Delivery:??/??/????

We started the loan application process with PenFed but found the communication with them to be not very good and ended up using Alliant.

Alliant rates are currently as low as 1.49% and up to a 72 month term and have a higher loan amount available if needed. We worked with Jason Freese and he is familiar with the process for Tesla and has been great to work with and was a very easy process. He said anyone can contact him directly and his informtion is:

Jason Freese
Alliant Credit Union
11545 W Touhy Ave Chicago IL 60666
[email protected]
800-328-1935 Ext 2164
Direct 773-462-2164

Last edited:
+1 on the 72 month Alliant deal. They also gave me $100 as a promotion. Literally paying me money, go figure.

We started the loadn application process with PenFed but found the communication with them to be not very good and ended up using Alliant.

Alliant rates are currently as low as 1.49% and up to a 72 month term. We worked with Jason Freese and he is familiar with the process for Tesla and has been great to work with and was a very easy process. He said anyone can contact him directly and his informtion is:

Jason Freese
Alliant Credit Union
11545 W Touhy Ave Chicago IL 60666
[email protected]
800-328-1935 Ext 2164
Direct 773-462-2164

Has anyone who doesn't live in CA, CO, IL, FL, NJ, NY, OR, or WA managed to get Tesla financing?

Yes. If you have a progressive thinking DS you can come with some creative ways to get the Tesla financing. It usually means signing the loan paperwork in a state where the financing is allowed. So, if you live a comfortable driving (some people actually fly) to one of the eight states, your DS/Tesla finance team may be able to come up with a way to take advantage. Realize though that you can probably get a better rate outside Tesla Finance. So, you have to weigh in the extra cost of the higher interest rate along with travel versus getting the 'buy back guarantee'.