Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: Which Model 3 trim is best value?

Which Model 3 configuration is the best value?

• RWD

Votes: 27 37.0%
  • AWD ($4K option)

Votes: 40 54.8%
  • AWD ($6K option)

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • P3D-

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • P3D+

Votes: 4 5.5%
  • Value? Who cares about value?!?

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do not think AWD is a matter of "value".
You either need it or you don't.
I live in upstate NY where 200+ inches of snow is the norm. So I would not consider any vehicle without AWD.
If you live in sunny California, Florida, Texas, or the southwest, why would you even consider paying for AWD?
Audi dealer in Naples sell very few AWD to year round locals. Audi dealer in Syracuse NY sells nearly 100% AWD.

• Informative
Reactions: Brando and P85_DA
I live in upstate NY where 200+ inches of snow is the norm. So I would not consider any vehicle without AWD.
If you live in sunny California, Florida, Texas, or the southwest, why would you even consider paying for AWD?
Audi dealer in Naples sell very few AWD to year round locals. Audi dealer in Syracuse NY sells nearly 100% AWD.
In some of those places it rains...

Maybe because they want to drive up into the mountains to go skiing in the winter. Californians love the Sierras and Texans love the southern Rockies from the Sandias to Vail.

I have the rwd, but $6k to get dual motors for better performance and handling, plus ability to get white interiors is a great value in my opinion. I wish I had waited for dual motors, my order was place beginning of June.

Maybe because they want to drive up into the mountains to go skiing in the winter. Californians love the Sierras and Texans love the southern Rockies from the Sandias to Vail.

Well I don't drive up to mountain but I got AWD. My 2 coworkers also got AWD. It was just $4K more on a $60K+ car, so it is not even the sales taxes and you got a faster car and drive better in rain... on the few days that it rains here. We need the AWD in rain because we have no skill in rainy day driving here in SoCal. :rolleyes:

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA
Yup, AWD at 4k.

I don't expect to ever drive it in snow- but the performance/handling jump was definitely worth the relatively small price... much more than the 15k adding P instead would've cost me (or 20k adding P+)

Based on the #s from their respective 1/4 mile runs, the actual power output on the AWD and P aren't much different at highway speeds, but they're both hugely ahead of the RWD.