Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

poll: will you upgrade to FSD package before price increase?

Will you upgrade to FSD package (in model 3 with AP only) before price increase on August 16th?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see several talking up this topic over and over 24 hours a day (which is fine), but these same people refuse to acknowledge certain unacceptable behavior (like the "Really" misrepresentation); nothing more than that. Can't you, for example, at least agree that the FSD order page should be revised to be more accurate and that there is improvement opportunity?

Edit: The forum needs more balance and to be more "facts and data" driven, vs. emotional. Without pointing out that the FSD order page is very misleading at best ("Really") prospective Tesla FSD buyers may shell out $6000 for FSD based on Tesla's "word" on the order page, and then later be hacked off for it not being "Real". I made this mistake. My fault, I admit. I shouldn't trust any auto company's self promotion words and should have done more research.

Obviously I can’t prove it, but my hunch is that the “Really.” is staying on the order page intentionally. Not because they want to increase sales, but because they want to minimize the impact that taking it down would have. After all, removing that from the order page would be tantamount to an admission that they had knowingly lied to all of the prior buyers who relied on that representation. Leaving it up maintains the status quo (and lets the statute of limitations to continue to run...).

Obviously I can’t prove it, but my hunch is that the “Really.” is staying on the order page intentionally. Not because they want to increase sales, but because they want to minimize the impact that taking it down would have. After all, removing that from the order page would be tantamount to an admission that they had knowingly lied to all of the prior buyers who relied on that representation. Leaving it up maintains the status quo (and lets the statute of limitations to continue to run...).

I think the risk is greater for leaving it up "as is" because at some point, someone will file a "Misrepresentation" lawsuit against them - like what happened with EAP a few years back, I think. Given the recent v10 and other announced delays, they could just now reword it, or move the "Really" line to the list of future functionality planned, down below (under that delay announcement cover). Of course, they will likely need to revise the "...by year end" header as well. Just call that list something like "Upcoming planned functionality". No none sales/revenue reason to keep putting unlikely dates on inventions (which rarely can be "scheduled") - Elon knows this very well, yet we still get what we get... :(

Last edited:
I think the risk is greater for leaving it up as is because at some point, someone will file a "Misrepresentation" lawsuit against them, like what happened with EAP a few years back, I think. They could just reword it, or move the "Really" line to the list of future functionality planned down below. Of course, they will likely need to revise the "by year end" header as well.
I think they'll keep "by year end" too. After all they never said which year.
People in the EAP lawsuit only got $280 so that's probably not much of a deterrent.

Well there are “ifs and buts” here - as I learned yesterday when some responded to my similar post, with a non response, response (Fanbois-like). Best not to post any opinions or questions here that might be construed as anything other than great love for everything Elon/FSD.
I understand that there are probably inaccuracies. Somehow it doesn't bother me. Probably because the model 3 and EAP changed my life dramatically for the better (and reduced my chiropractor bills). That comfortable seat and the EAP really has taken away the stress of driving for me, which was pretty significant before I got the 3.
I actually don't read much of what Tesla says or follow Elon on twitter. I paid the 3k because maybe it will make my EAP safer? I don't know, but to me and my family it is worth it on the odd chance it may save my life. I just gotta say: i love EAP and so I give Tesla the benefit of the doubt on everything, and I just hope the crazy things they do and say don't hurt the company and my ability to use their tech.

Reactions: jebinc
I understand that there are probably inaccuracies. Somehow it doesn't bother me. Probably because the model 3 and EAP changed my life dramatically for the better and reduced my chiropractor bills. That comfortable seat and the EAP really has taken away the stress of driving for me, which was pretty significant before I got the 3.
I actually don't read much of what Tesla says or follow Elon on twitter. I paid the 3k because maybe it will make my EAP safer? I don't know, but to me and my family it is worth it on the odd chance it may save my life. I just gotta say: i love EAP and so I give Tesla the benefit of the doubt on everything, and I just hope the crazy things they do and say don't hurt the company and my ability to use their tech.

Yes, the softness of those seats was the first thing I noticed when taking delivery! The seats are a high point, for sure. Since I bought in June 2019, there was no option to just buy EAP functionality. The only choice for me was the included AP, or FSD for $6000 - and you know how I feel about that (i.e., $6000 FSD)! :eek:

Edit: Glad to hear your Model 3 relieved your pain and reduced doctor bills as well! :)

Reactions: MaryAnning3
Yes, the softness of those seats was the first thing I noticed when taking delivery! The seats are a high point, for sure. Since I bought in June 2019, there was no option to just buy EAP functionality. The only choice for me was the included AP, or FSD for $6000 - and you know how I feel about that (i.e., $6000 FSD)! :eek:

Edit: Glad to hear your Model 3 relieved your pain and reduced doctor bills as well! :)

Coming from 21 years of driving German cars, the seats in the Model 3 were the only physical part of the car during my test drive that I was not too impressed about. I was very used to firmer seats.

After a few weeks, I find them super comfy. They may not be the most performance oriented seats but they do feel great.

After a few weeks, I find them super comfy. They may not be the most performance oriented seats but they do feel great.
True, not performance oriented, but nice to relax in while you are driven down the freeway..., or in traffic jams. Or even at longish red lights. As long as there is someone in front of me, i make a point of slipping into AP before the car stops so that i can relax and close my eyes until traffic starts moving again.

True, not performance oriented, but nice to relax in while you are driven down the freeway..., or in traffic jams. Or even at longish red lights. As long as there is someone in front of me, i make a point of slipping into AP before the car stops so that i can relax and close my eyes until traffic starts moving again.
I'm noticing more of "press accelerator to restart AP" messages on longish waits. I guess the honking will wake you up ;)

• Funny
Reactions: boonedocks
I think they'll keep "by year end" too. After all they never said which year.
People in the EAP lawsuit only got $280 so that's probably not much of a deterrent.

That by the way is one more promise Tesla (Elon in particular) made that never same to fruition as far as I know: international payments of the $280.

Because when the lawsuit happened, Tesla promised to honor the settlement for all their customers, not just the U.S. class. Of course it seems to have been all talk but I’m sure it made some people happy for a moment which seems to be the idea...

It would have been better to just not promise any such thing.

Oh how I wish this history with them did not exist and all it was was the great car. But the company does not match the car in greatness.