Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

poll: will you upgrade to FSD package before price increase?

Will you upgrade to FSD package (in model 3 with AP only) before price increase on August 16th?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@EVNow - While I don't generally like to cross-post, what's your responsible unbiased response to this Musk/Tesla behavior? (see posts 479, 482 and 484) Do you have one? - It's a serious question... Looking for a serious answer (not fanbois response)

Enhance summon coming next week!

EDIT: In all seriousness, how can you (or anyone) defend this Tesla order site behavior? - At best, misleading new customers on FSD during the ordering process. Why wouldn't they change this order page, given FSD/Enhanced Summon delays? I predict, some day soon, there will be a "misrepresentation" lawsuit filed - similar to the EAP one filed year's ago. And like that one, Tesla will not be the winner. Note: And you are not a honest winner if you "settle out of court". I say "Honest winner" because they could still win financially - e.g., the lawsuit payout being less than all the money taken in by the false advertising...

crickets.gif

• Funny
Reactions: boonedocks
Then, don't.

Dude, what do you think ? I'm jobless - just waiting for your posts so I can answer ? Get a life.

If this sub was moderated most of these kinds of posts would be removed and most of these trolls banned.

@EVNow - Not trying to create trouble, just asked you a direct question - given the amount of posting you do on this FSD/Enhanced (now “Smart”) Summon subject all day/night long, and the strong positions you take on them. Instead of answering the question I asked you, I get this (your response above). I guess in a way I got my answer, you don’t have a rational response and continue to endorse the idea of not feeling like Tesla should update the ordering page that contains those false FSD/Enhanced Summon statements - got it. Moving on now.

Last edited:
Not to change the subject, but how do you like your model 3? Do you use the FSD/EAP functionality? I am kind of wishing I had gotten a white interior.

Hello @MaryAnning3 - I love my Model 3. No issues on delivery or afterwards. I love the white interior. Normally I buy black leather interiors in all cars. After researching how easy this white vegan (vinyl) interior is to keep showroom clean (using baby wipes along with Aerospace 303), I was sold and would recommend it over the black. Feels like I’m in a space ship from the future!
Re FSD/AP - I have tried to use it, but to be honest, the only thing that feels close to being there is AP and NoA on highways. I live in a rural area and find the Subaru Eyesight system we have in our Subaru’s outperforms when it comes to basic safety driver’s aids.
4ABCA08C-BF6C-41BC-876D-68B5CCC05DC4.jpeg
55DF536A-5BD0-4582-A295-480594B371E3.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Sharps97
Hello @MaryAnning3 - I love my Model 3. No issues on delivery or afterwards. I love the white interior. Normally I buy black leather interiors in all cars. After researching how easy this white vegan (vinyl) interior is to keep showroom clean (using baby wipes along with Aerospace 303), I was sold and would recommend it over the black. Feels like I’m in a space ship from the future!
Re FSD/AP - I have tried to use it, but to be honest, the only thing that feels close to being there is AP and NoA on highways. I live in a rural area and find the Subaru Eyesight system we have in our Subaru’s outperforms when it comes to basic safety driver’s aids.
View attachment 444543 View attachment 444544
Beautiful. Love that interior. Wish I has researched that more. I drive hwy 101 and hwy 1 a lot in California and the FSD/AP works pretty great there.

@EVNow - Not trying to create trouble, just asked you a direct question - given the amount of posting you do on this FSD/Enhanced (now “Smart”) Summon subject all day/night long, and the strong positions you take on them. Instead of answering the question I asked you, I get this (your response above). I guess in a way I got my answer, you don’t have a rational response and continue to endorse the idea of not feeling like Tesla should update the ordering page that contains those false FSD/Enhanced Summon statements - got it. Moving on now.

I agree...just because someone is buying a Tesla doesn't mean that all those buyers are going to do more than just READ the Tesla order page. Buyers should not have to investigate or read into something when making a purchase. IF it very clearly and plainly states that it INCLUDES a feature....then it should include that feature.

Reactions: jebinc
Beautiful. Love that interior. Wish I has researched that more. I drive hwy 101 and hwy 1 a lot in California and the FSD/AP works pretty great there.

Black if fine too, don't despair! :) You can always get white when you add a 2nd Tesla to the family! :D I do like how it "brightens" the overall interior experience - especially here during the gloomy Seattle winters!

Yes, I concur - AP/NoA works okay on highways, but in hindsight, I would not today pay the $6000 I did in June for "FSD" functionality (i.e., existing, misrepresented (i.e., Enhanced Summon - "Really"), or future "talked about by Tesla/Musk" functionality). My fault, I know, as I should have done more research rather than believing what was described for FSD on the Tesla ordering page (when I ordered the car). AP would have been fine for me for now, and I could have added FSD later - If I felt the price to value ratio was there. It's not today, IMHO.

Reactions: MaryAnning3
I agree...just because someone is buying a Tesla doesn't mean that all those buyers are going to do more than just READ the Tesla order page. Buyers should not have to investigate or read into something when making a purchase. IF it very clearly and plainly states that it INCLUDES a feature....then it should include that feature.

Plain and simple: Tesla lies on their Design Studio about the current capabilities of the FSD pack when they describe Enhanced Summon as a current feature (and even double down on it by saying ”Really.”).

There is no ifs or buts about this one. A bald-faced lie at this stage. They could remove it in an instant but have chosen not to.

Last edited:
Plain and simple: Tesla lies on their Design Studio about the current capabilities of the FSD pack when they describe Enhanced Summon as a current feature (and even double down on it by saying ”Really.”).

There is no ifs or buts about this one. A bald-faced lie at this stage. They could remove it in an instant but have chosen not to.

Well there are “ifs and buts” here - as I learned yesterday when some responded to my similar post, with a non response, response (Fanbois-like). Best not to post any opinions or questions here that might be construed as anything other than great love for everything Elon/FSD.

• Funny
Reactions: electronblue
I just took a 250 mile round trip with my model 3. Bottom line- I paid 6K for being able to change lanes without disengaging AP. That said I used AP without NOA for most of the trip and it was great. This does work very well on interstates. I hated having to disengage and then reengage autopilot every time I would change lanes... i need more time to use NoA, so far it has been frustrating in the NY Long Island area.

I just took a 250 mile round trip with my model 3. Bottom line- I paid 6K for being able to change lanes without disengaging AP. That said I used AP without NOA for most of the trip and it was great. This does work very well on interstates. I hated having to disengage and then reengage autopilot every time I would change lanes... i need more time to use NoA, so far it has been frustrating in the NY Long Island area.

AP/NoA is pretty good on popular highways.

Frankly, the more I think about the potential risks involved with Enhanced Summon, the less likely it seems to me that it will be released in a timely fashion with the promised feature set. For example, a child could be injured in a parking lot by a Tesla with no driver behind the wheel.

Even at very slow speeds and with all precautions taken, it is always possible that a child will dart in front of the car while in summon mode. While normally this may be an unavoidable collision for a human driver (and would be a sad mention in the local news), a collision with a driverless Tesla would likely result instead in massive public backlash, negative PR, and regulatory crackdowns, even if the child were obviously at fault.

My guess is that Tesla is unable to grapple with how to release Enhanced Summon in a way that does not expose them to any possible liability, whether that may be actual legal liability or perceived risk to reputation/future business.

Reactions: jebinc
Frankly, the more I think about the potential risks involved with Enhanced Summon, the less likely it seems to me that it will be released in a timely fashion with the promised feature set. For example, a child could be injured in a parking lot by a Tesla with no driver behind the wheel.

Even at very slow speeds and with all precautions taken, it is always possible that a child will dart in front of the car while in summon mode. While normally this may be an unavoidable collision for a human driver (and would be a sad mention in the local news), a collision with a driverless Tesla would likely result instead in massive public backlash, negative PR, and regulatory crackdowns, even if the child were obviously at fault.

My guess is that Tesla is unable to grapple with how to release Enhanced Summon in a way that does not expose them to any possible liability, whether that may be actual legal liability or perceived risk to reputation/future business.

Agreed, don't release something too soon that could hurt someone, even if your CEO is making statements that it's almost ready. Wouldn't you think the CEO in July knew it wasn't yet close enough to being ready/safe and would have not made the "near-term" statements he made? Either he was aware (and mislead the public), or he truly didn't know where it was really at... In either case, that's not good for a CEO... And then there is the CEO allowing for the Tesla ordering page (for FSD) to remain inaccurate for the many months it "Really," which has been inaccurate/misleading customers, at best. Hold the Marketing leader accountable... We all know Tesla monitors it's own forum, and probably this and others, so the "plausible deniability" defense won't hold up (in court)...

I agree but I think the burden is on Tesla to prove that "Smart Summon" is safer than human drivers in real world usage (not some ideal world where people will magically have a 360 degree view of the car from 150 feet away and everyone only uses it in empty parking lots and perfect weather).

Agreed, don't release something too soon that could hurt someone, even if your CEO is making statements that it's almost ready. Wouldn't you think the CEO in July knew it wasn't yet close enough to being ready/safe and would have not made the "near-term" statements he made? Either he was aware (and mislead the public), or he truly didn't know where it was really at... In either case, that's not good for a CEO... And then there is the CEO allowing for the Tesla ordering page (for FSD) to remain inaccurate for the many months it "Really," which has been inaccurate/misleading customers, at best. Hold the Marketing leader accountable... We all know Tesla monitors it's own forum, and probably this and others, so the "plausible deniability" defense won't hold up (in court)...
See every post - you try to bring it back to talking about Musk. Thread cr*pping all the time.

• Disagree
Reactions: Octo and jebinc
Agreed, don't release something too soon that could hurt someone, even if your CEO is making statements that it's almost ready. Wouldn't you think the CEO in July knew it wasn't yet close enough to being ready/safe and would have not made the "near-term" statements he made? Either he was aware (and mislead the public), or he truly didn't know where it was really at... In either case, that's not good for a CEO... An then there is the CEO allowing for the Tesla ordering page (for FSD) to remain inaccurate for the many months it "Really" has been inaccurate/misleading customers, at best. We all know Tesla monitors it's own forum, and probably this and others, so the "plausible deniability" defense won't hold up (in court)...

Absolutely spot on with these points. I know Tesla/Elon has made a lot of promises in the past that haven’t held up, but I can’t help but wonder if Enhanced Summon is a little bit different from the rest of the missed promises. To be specific, I believe the reason Tesla is so concerned with making sure they “get it right” before they release Enhanced Summon is because of just how many strong prior/existing representations they have made about the feature. They know this is one promise they have to keep (or face real liability). Since they’re between a rock and a hard place (assuming Enhanced Summon is unsafe to release per my prior comment), they keep delaying the decision in a desperate attempt to buy additional time for an unlikely (impossible?) fix by engineering/R&D.

See every post - you try to bring it back to talking about Musk. Thread cr*pping all the time.

I see several talking up this topic over and over 24 hours a day (which is fine), but these same people refuse to acknowledge certain unacceptable behavior (like the "Really" misrepresentation); nothing more than that. Can't you, for example, at least agree that the FSD order page should be revised to be more accurate and that there is improvement opportunity?

Edit: The forum needs more balance and to be more "facts and data" driven, vs. emotional. Without pointing out that the FSD order page is very misleading at best ("Really") prospective Tesla FSD buyers may shell out $6000 for FSD based on Tesla's "word" on the order page, and then later be hacked off for it not being "Real". I made this mistake. My fault, I admit. I shouldn't trust any auto company's self promotion words and should have done more research.

Last edited: