Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

poll: will you upgrade to FSD package before price increase?

Will you upgrade to FSD package (in model 3 with AP only) before price increase on August 16th?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Purchased FSD on our X when it was on a fire sale for $2,000. Best $2,000 spent. Don't have any crap from ebay nor Amazon that I didn't need.

This seems to be a common thing and I don't understand at all so please help me understand this if you can.

How is spending $2,000 on literally nothing the best spending you've ever made? Or are you being facetious and I can't decode it

You can't even trust Tesla's official Twitter account, let alone Elon Musk's. Example: Before the end of Q2 they said every new S/X sold would have free supercharging. But then no, they meant every inventory S/X from before the Raven update. They didn't even correct it on their twitter, where it very unambiguously says free supercharging for every S/X.

A little bit after Q2 but saw this today. Looks like he made good on his word.

Tesla is bringing back free, unlimited charging for new Model S and X buyers

+1 and Tesla knows this.

Why do you guys think they moved all the 'small' extra perks to FSD and got rid of EAP? I mean things like summon and autopark. They figured out people would catch on that they're basically paying for something which doesn't exist so they just shuffled some packages to make it look appealing and still get people to pay for nothing.

Lots of people even on TMC were saying that they didn’t want EAP but just wanted TACC and Autosteer. Got pretty vocal about it. So when Tesla accommodates we still get complaints on what Tesla offers. Tesla can’t win.

Lots of people even on TMC were saying that they didn’t want EAP but just wanted TACC and Autosteer. Got pretty vocal about it. So when Tesla accommodates we still get complaints on what Tesla offers. Tesla can’t win.
Their Marketing Department (and Elon's Tweets) have ruined a lot of good will. As an early FSD buyer (big mistake), there's nothing to show for it 1-1/3 years later.

I have a HW3 equipped Model 3 that came with basic Autopilot. I am really debating about getting FSD in the next week. I don't care about Smart Summon as much as handling stop lights and stop signs, similar to the "Full Self Driving" Youtube video that Tesla released a few months ago. However it's not clear to me if that will require FSD, or if it will be built into basic autopilot.

I have a HW3 equipped Model 3 that came with basic Autopilot. I am really debating about getting FSD in the next week. I don't care about Smart Summon as much as handling stop lights and stop signs, similar to the "Full Self Driving" Youtube video that Tesla released a few months ago. However it's not clear to me if that will require FSD, or if it will be built into basic autopilot.
Why don’t you wait until this is available? Because it *might* be $1000 more expensive then?

What if this doesn’t work as well as in this video? The real thing may not even be worth $500, if it “sucks” (I’m loosely quoting Elon Musk’s recent statement about an FSD feature). Then you “lost” $5500.

• Disagree
Reactions: Joshan
That's the smarter/less impulsive way to go, and that was my original thinking. I wonder if they still do full self driving (really, enhanced auto pilot when it was a separate thing) trials? Maybe I'll call the sales department at the place I bought the car from (in Ohio, no stores here, just gallery) and try. I'd like to understand how useful the current features (NoA and not having to turn off autopilot to change lanes) are.

That's the smarter/less impulsive way to go, and that was my original thinking. I wonder if they still do full self driving (really, enhanced auto pilot when it was a separate thing) trials? Maybe I'll call the sales department at the place I bought the car from (in Ohio, no stores here, just gallery) and try. I'd like to understand how useful the current features (NoA and not having to turn off autopilot to change lanes) are.

I called them last month and they said they are not doing FSD trials. They may resume AP trials (that include FSD), but only if you don't have AP in the first place. If you already have AP, then no trial.

67943509_10157535510112138_2303752262083674112_n.jpg

Handling stop lights and stop signs will be FSD. It won't be AP (or even the old EAP).

It's settled. I'm going to wait until after version 10 comes out and see what kind of useful on a daily basis real world capabilities FSD will demonstrate. All the people on this forum who have expressed disappointment with the FSD delayed timeline and currently available capabilities have convinced me.

Reactions: follow.johnny
It's settled. I'm going to wait until after version 10 comes out and see what kind of useful on a daily basis real world capabilities FSD will demonstrate. All the people on this forum who have expressed disappointment with the FSD delayed timeline and currently available capabilities have convinced me.

+1 on this. I will be doing the same. I think the extra $1K price increase over the $3K special pricing for EAP owners will be worth it once we see the actual usable features with FSD.

Since it's fact that I have been wrong less times than Elon, I bet that the FSD upgrade $ price will NOT go up on Friday 8/16

According to the SEC settlement, all of Musk's tweets that relate to Tesla's business must be vetted before release. Clearly, tweets about FSD price increases would need to be vetted. So if Elon is following the SEC ruling and the tweets were vetted, then we can take them as official Tesla policy and there is nothing wrong with that. But if the tweets were not vetted, then Elon could be in serious trouble again.

The price will go up, but it could go back down again. If it doesn't... I don't know, would you rather pay $6k for something does a little or $8k for something that does a lot?

I highly doubt they can sell FSD for $10k + unless it actually is a full level 5 autonomous vehicle which is very far from where it's at now. What I want is a navigate on autopilot style driver assistance that can work in most city street situations in non severe weather. I'd pay $8k for that.