TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

[Poll] Would you take a Bolt over an M3 in these situations?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by kptesl, Sep 13, 2016.

?

What would it take you to take a bolt over your M3?

1. I will take a Bolt if I like it when it comes out this year.

16 vote(s)
    5.7%
  2. I will take a Bolt if M3 doesn't start deliveries summer 2017.

3 vote(s)
    1.1%
  3. I will take a Bolt if M3 doesn't start deliveries December 2017.

2 vote(s)
    0.7%
  4. I will never take a Bolt over an M3.

225 vote(s)
    80.1%
  5. I will take a Bolt if M3 misses on a promise (e.g. range, autopilot, pricing).

40 vote(s)
    14.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. kptesl

kptesl Member

I think I will be patient until December 2017.

2. Chanderson

Chanderson Member

Negative sir! i shall be faithful to Elon!! lol

3. Weezer Fan

Weezer Fan Member

It's not that I'm opposed to the Bolt. It's that I need a vehicle I can drive from Denver to Kansas City 2x a year, as well as at a moments notice if need be. Even if there is a CCS charging station along the way, it won't charge fast enough when making a 600 mile trip.

4. GSP

GSP Member

After all the specs and option pricing are available for both the Bolt EV and the Model 3, I will decide which car to get to replace my Chevrolet Volt.

I will consider the Bolt EV if has comparable specs, and a comparable nationwide DC fast charging network.

I think I will be getting a Model 3. But we will see.

GSP

• Like x 2
  5. sammyfan711

sammyfan711 Member

I might get a Bolt for fun - no way I would choose it over a Model 3 though.

I think the 3 will be the best Tesla yet!

6. physicsfita

physicsfita Member

GM has had a history of running to state legislatures to push Tesla out. I interpret that as GM viewing their product as inferior. I will trust that judgment.

• Like x 8
    • Love x 2
  7. TexasEV

TexasEV Active Member

GM and its dealers compete by rent seeking rather than letting the market decide who has the best car and sales/service experience. No GM EV for me.

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  8. smartypnz

smartypnz Member

Maybe.... but I need to know how long it would take to cross the country.

• Like x 2
  9. HookBill

HookBill Member

GM has sealed their fate with me. I will never again purchase a vehicle from any company that pours millions of dollars into anticompetitive behaviors as they and their ADA toadies are doing under the disguise of "in the customers best interest". Don't play me, the customer, as a fool.

• Like x 6
  10. ZAKEEUS

ZAKEEUS Member

I just don't like the Bolt, it's a weird looking car, that will probably never be for sale in Louisiana anyway and I certainly wouldn't go out of my way for it. The Model 3's price would have to be way off for me to not get it. My current car has plenty life left on it so if the M3 is late, that just gives me more time to save.

• Like x 4
  11. luca

luca Banned

you should use chevy sonic instead of bolt

bolt is clear much worse than sonic and price is 2.5 times higher

• Dislike x 3
  12. S4WRXTTCS

S4WRXTTCS Active Member

For me it really comes down to the right car at the right time. That's pretty much the overriding decision.

The Model S wasn't really the right car, and I knew it wasn't. I got it mostly as temporary thing until the right EV came along. Although now that I've had it for a while it's pretty nifty and is going to be the primary competition of the 3.

The Bolt is just ugly, and I'm tired of those kind of cookie-cutter econoboxes. I get what they were trying to do, but it's like they didn't even try making it look cool.

Plus I've read that they really won't make that many a year. So I imagine it might be harder to get than people anticipate. I am expecting them to sell out of what they make, and it will be positive to the EV movement. The Volt was actually hugely important in the move to get people into EV's. Lots of people traded up from a Volt to a Model S.

I would imagine will see a lot of Bolt owners going to the Model 3/S, and a bunch of Tesla owners having a Bolt as a second car.

• Like x 3
  13. CarlitoDoc

CarlitoDoc Member

LOL, money talks folks! I would lease one in a heart beat for the right money.

• Like x 3
  14. roblab

roblab Active Member

As someone told me earlier, Making a car Ugly costs about the same as making it Gorgeous. Or GM doesn't think the Bolt is ugly.

• Funny x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Dislike x 1
  15. S'toon

S'toon Knows where his towel is

Or they were just using a platform that already existed and shoved the EV guts into it.

I don't know why people keep saying it's ugly. It's not a bad looking car. I'd buy it if there was a charging network comparable to Tesla's for it. Or better than Tesla's, since Tesla doesn't have any Superchargers within driving range of any Tesla to me.

• Like x 3
    • Funny x 1
  16. S4WRXTTCS

S4WRXTTCS Active Member

They also didn't think the Aztek was ugly either.

The irony is the same designer (of the Aztek) also designed one of the best looking GM products in the C7 Vette.

So to me it cost less to make an ugly car if he could pull off what he did with a more expensive car. Although I do admit they share some characteristics, but I like the C7.

• Informative x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  17. S'toon

S'toon Knows where his towel is

It's not as ugly as your typical Nissan vehicle, especially the Cube. Or the new Prius which gives me nightmares.

• Dislike x 1
    • Funny x 1
  18. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

Wow... I guess I'm in the minority.

I'm not really interested in the Bolt EV, but voted to take one, if I end up liking it. However, like the i3 a few years ago, it takes TWO of us at home to make car purchasing decisions and we have to agree.

I thought it would be higher. At the pricepoint and range of the Bolt EV, it's not a bad deal. Besides, I would expect the Federal rebate to last longer for Chevy vs. Tesla.

• Like x 3
  19. HookBill

HookBill Member

20. ggnykk

ggnykk Active Member

The poll results won't be reflective of the general public views. You are asking whether people will buy a Tesla or GM car in a Tesla forum. We already know vast majority of us would pick Tesla.

• Like x 5