Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ponsonby NZ service closing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I assume the chargers are staying.

For something easy like WoF + alignment, having to drive all the way out to Mangere (from the shore) is really annoying. I might go this year but after that I imagine I'll find somewhere local.

I realise the Ponsonby location probably wasn't forever (too small and prime location), but I thought it might stay until they had a west or north location to cover the city a little better.

ps. Thanks to whomever fixed the typo in the title.

I assume the chargers are staying.

For something easy like WoF + alignment, having to drive all the way out to Mangere (from the shore) is really annoying. I might go this year but after that I imagine I'll find somewhere local.

I realise the Ponsonby location probably wasn't forever (too small and prime location), but I thought it might stay until they had a west or north location to cover the city a little better.

ps. Thanks to whomever fixed the typo in the title.
Agreed, Ponsonby much more convenient

Yeh, Ponsoby is to small
I thought the same thing
Keep it gong until something else
Is up and running. Maybe it was lease renewal time and.made more financial sense to vacate.

Might also be to do with the cost cutting that's going on

Reactions: Audietron
Agreed, Ponsonby much more convenient

Yeh, Ponsoby is to small
I thought the same thing
Keep it gong until something else
Is up and running. Maybe it was lease renewal time and.made more financial sense to vacate.

Might also be to do with the cost cutting that's going on
More likely lease renewal.... used to work in offices there before building converted to apartments... about 10 years so more likely shops are in phase II to go and make way for some more multimillion apartments.

Reactions: Ecoli
In the Herald today: "Whilst Tesla’s number of active stores from four down to three (it also has sites in Wellington and Christchurch), the number will soon become four again with the planned opening of a new store still under construction in Westgate."

Hope they're right -- west would be a lot better than south for anyone north of the bridge, whether that's Takapuna or Whangarei.

Reactions: Audietron
In the Herald today: "Whilst Tesla’s number of active stores from four down to three (it also has sites in Wellington and Christchurch), the number will soon become four again with the planned opening of a new store still under construction in Westgate."

Hope they're right -- west would be a lot better than south for anyone north of the bridge, whether that's Takapuna or Whangarei.
North has been almost always ignored... they simply expect us to drive someplace else....
City store was ideal in that way... also on same street as Audi, BMW, and other supercars...

Looks like it's opposite mitre 10
According to this plan
Building 11 on the lower right
You can see Tesla sign

Capture-01-scaled.jpg

My heart bleeds for the Aucklanders that have to drive an extra 15-30mins to get to a Service Centre now 😉

Meanwhile, other populated places like Tauranga have to drive to either Hamilton or Auckland, while the whole of the South Island has to drive to Christchurch.
well... perks of buying over priced houses and living in big city that we can complain about trivial things... after all Auckland is suppose to be a Metro city.