Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poor (I hope) old girl… Lights out.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I drove behind my first Model S in the dark this morning. I hope she was one of the first off the line with hundreds of thousands of miles driven. Several of the break light band lights were out, the charging port was stuck open (should not open that way) and the right front headlight was out.

Anyone know how hard it is to replace the break light band lights? Do you have to replace the whole thing? The charge port seems like it would be a pricey pain but the headlight either just went out or they are a little lazy. I’ve had a few cars for 3-6 years and Mazda Millenia for 16 and never replaced a light. I’m sure there was some luck and low millage helping me out but still sad to see an S like that.

Are any of the lights LED? What ever happened to the headlight update to fix the poor visibility rating?

may have been a repaired salvage car or the person just didn't maintain it. , the brake light bands can be replaced (from another light) but you are better off just replacing the light itself, headlight should be hid (or halogen) and the taillights are led