Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poor interior material selection...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SabrToothSqrl

Dec 5, 2014
PA
So, this material... I'll call it dirt sucker -magnet 2.0. Seems to get so dirty, and it's impossible to get clean. I've used what Tesla suggested... foaming car carpet cleaner.

On my Tahoe, the material looks identical to this, but when you touch it, it's a hard plastic that 1. doesn't capture dirt. 2. wipes clean with a rag or wipe.

So... what is everyone doing to clean this, short of replacing it? I ride windows down, top open, ALL the time. if I have to blast the heat or A/C to do that.. windows down is the priority.

I love the look of the new black interior, can I replace just this piece w/the black? How would that look?

It's really a shame how this gets so dirty... the pic is bad, sorry, snapped it fast, I'll try to get more, but it just looks awful...

Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• 19489498_10211600605663586_1475446209_n.jpg
    19489498_10211600605663586_1475446209_n.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 108
I wouldn't say its a poor choice of material, its a premium material that most normal car buyers dont choose because its not easy to take care of. They have a textile option that may have been a better choice for you if you dont want the upkeep.

i would question why you would drive with the windows down vs having HVAC on, you're not saving much energy or may even be using more energy having the windows open and by looking at your 370wh/mile on a S85 seems like you're creating a lot of drag/having high energy consumption.