Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Possible Location - Vaudreuil, QC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Found the post. Apparently it will be 8 V3 Superchargers and 2 “generic” (don’t know if that means fast or slow) chargers. So this will be exactly like the Charlemagne Supercharger, which is just taking forever.

CA66ED2A-6EEA-4670-BC45-10DEA213C8A5.jpeg

I don't speak French but the article seems to be saying that there will be 8 V2 superchargers. No idea why why they would build a new V2 SuC in 2020. Maybe it's an error anx it really is V3.

As for the generic chargers, that's a fast charger at 125 kW. Probably combined chademo and CCS.

I don't speak French but the article seems to be saying that there will be 8 V2 superchargers. No idea why why they would build a new V2 SuC in 2020. Maybe it's an error anx it really is V3.

As for the generic chargers, that's a fast charger at 125 kW. Probably combined chademo and CCS.
It's worse than that. He says 8 level 2 Tesla chargers and 2 generic chargers at 125kW (CCS and/or Chademo). My understanding is this will be HPWCs, not a supercharger.

It's worse than that. He says 8 level 2 Tesla chargers and 2 generic chargers at 125kW (CCS and/or Chademo). My understanding is this will be HPWCs, not a supercharger.
It sounds worse than it is. Comments on the post say Tesla is indeed planning to build 8 V3 Superchargers + 2 125kW ChargePoint stations

AEEADCE4-EBB2-401F-9581-92C6F175D697.jpeg 48C3EAE5-BD81-47D9-8B19-BDFB385E5D61.jpeg

I've read somewhere IGA had trouble with the financing of their charger installation last year. Good to know thing could me moving on.

Otherwise, it's a pretty good location. Just right out highway 20, literally. There's a traffic light on that portion of the "highway". You turn left, you're at the SC. Turn left again, back on the highway on your way to downtown. Good place to charge up when arriving in Montreal from Toronto / Ottawa. Plus IGA is open 8-20 most day, and 5 mins walk from other places.

Reactions: bijan and MarcoRP
Went out on Twitter to ask. No Supercharger is under construction yet, but Ian (@Mad Hungarian) was able to ask the manager what is going on, and he confirmed negotiations were almost complete on a charging installation but couldn’t give more details. More below

Enough for a permit dot yet?

F37342CF-9BC1-4C20-8995-9BB115F411ED.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: malou and mociaf9
If they're still finalizing negotiations, the units will not be online "bientôt" like the poster states. Unless you consider "soon" in French is on Tesla time.

As for the IGA CHAdeMO/CCS connection, it isn't clear if it's part of their planned rollout of 50 locations that has gone dormant for 15 months.

They could have canceled the program and simply be allowing the Electric Circuit to install charging stations there. The original IGA plan involved Chargepoint.

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
Is it clear yet if these are SCs or not? This isn't on the Tesla SC map and almost always the sites are on the SC map, in many instances for years, before they are built. And why build an 8 SC site these days? Isn't the normal modus operandi to build 20, like just up the road in Pointe Claire?

Is it clear yet if these are SCs or not? This isn't on the Tesla SC map and almost always the sites are on the SC map, in many instances for years, before they are built. And why build an 8 SC site these days? Isn't the normal modus operandi to build 20, like just up the road in Pointe Claire?
No. 8-stall sites are still common. They are often at the mercy of how many parking spaces the land owner will provide.

Reactions: MarcoRP
For the location, it seams fair. It's like 15 mins, or 20 km, away from the 20+ SC in Pointe-Claire. For the convenience it provides of not having to detour by the 40 to get there when going downtown, it probably doesn't matter much, especially if it's V3.

It’s been confirm on supercharger.info that the permit have been issued for 8 v3 stalls. Very good news.
FYI. For the most part supercharger.info bases their info on posts that people make in this forum. The status of "permit" doesn't necessarily mean a permit has been issued - it means that someone posted some good info but construction hasn't started yet. So it's not so much a "confirmation" as it is a "reporting".