Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Possible Location - Vaudreuil, QC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is an unfortunate location because Harwood Blvd is not a highway that most take from Montreal to points west along the St-Lawrence. I have not heard of plans to start building the alternate trace of Autoroute 20 parallel to the train tracks just north. At least it will be there when Autoroute 20 is moved to a fully limited access highway from the Pont Galipeault (Ste-Anne-de-Bellevue to Ile Perrot span) to where Harwood (route 342) splits off the 20. I suppose it is somewhat accessible from Avenue St-Charles off the westbound 40 if you can't wait until Cornwall, but will be most useful for drivers coming east who skipped Cornwall and for whom CF Fairview is too much of a detour.

I guess the ideal spot would have been where the Flying J used to be but the Harwood location is a pretty good compromise for travel between the 401 and downtown Montreal. Definitely a lack of charging on the 20 whereas the 40 has Fairview and Place Vertu. That being said, I remember the days when the only Supercharger between Montreal and Toronto was Kingston so I’m not complaining.

Too bad it's on the 20 on Harwood. Bad place. It should be in the IGA lot on St. Charles and the 40 just a bit north of there. People coming from Ottawa and Toronto take the 40. Much better route into Montreal. No one takes the slow 20. Bad decision. Hopefully, they'll move it as mentioned.

Too bad it's on the 20 on Harwood. Bad place. It should be in the IGA lot on St. Charles and the 40 just a bit north of there. People coming from Ottawa and Toronto take the 40. Much better route into Montreal. No one takes the slow 20. Bad decision. Hopefully, they'll move it as mentioned.
You already have Pointe Claire and Cote Vertu on the side of the 40.
Why do you need another one close by on this highway?
There is nothing for people going directly to downtown Montreal, therefore through the 20 and then the 720.

You already have Pointe Claire and Cote Vertu on the side of the 40.
Why do you need another one close by on this highway?
There is nothing for people going directly to downtown Montreal, therefore through the 20 and then the 720.

Vaudreuil-Dorion is a crossroads of Highway 30 - 20 - 40. Makes perfect sense if someone was coming east from the 30 and going west and doesn't have enough to get to Cornwall or Casselman.

Tesla has updated their Superchargers map and Vaudreuil is now there... among 26 other new sites.
From L'abitibi to La Gaspésie, Tesla will open more routes for Tesla drivers in Quebec.

Coming soon:
Beauharnois
Berthierville
Boisbriand
Gaspé
Gatineau
La Tuque
Lachenais
Lachute
Matane
Mont-Laurier
Montreal
Paspébiac
Quebec City (LeBourgneuf)
Quebec City (Les Saules)
Rimouski
Rouyn-Noranda
St-Augustin de Desmaures
St-Jerome
Saint-Liboire
Saint-Sauveur
Sainte-Anne-des-Monts
Sainte-Marie
Sherbrooke
Trois-Rivieres
Val D'Or
and Vaudreuil!

Find Us | Tesla

Last edited:
There are still some real gaps on that map of existing and planned locations, such as heading south from Montreal on the 15 to I-97 and southeast along the 10 to the Townships (l'Estrie). Also there should be something along the 50 between Lachute and Gatineau.

Someday, I hope.

• Love
Reactions: malou
There are still some real gaps on that map of existing and planned locations, such as heading south from Montreal on the 15 to I-97
According to Google Maps, it's 93 km / 66 minutes from the Brossard SuC to the Plattsburgh SuC in New York. That doesn't seem excessive. Even without crossing the border to the US, it should be easy to get back to Montréal.
and southeast along the 10 to the Townships (l'Estrie).
From Brossard to Magog it's 107 km / 67 minutes. Also not really a problem.
Also there should be something along the 50 between Lachute and Gatineau.
Absolutely. They should at least have a SuC in Gatineau. The one in Nepean is pretty far away and the one downtown only provides 72 kW, plus it's inside a parking garage which makes it expensive to use. Another SuC along the 50 wouldn't hurt either, maybe right there in Lachute so the 327 to Mont-Tremblant would also be covered. I usually see quite a number of Teslas in that area that could benefit from having more options.

According to Google Maps, it's 93 km / 66 minutes from the Brossard SuC to the Plattsburgh SuC in New York. That doesn't seem excessive. Even without crossing the border to the US, it should be easy to get back to Montréal.

From Brossard to Magog it's 107 km / 67 minutes. Also not really a problem.

Granted, but adequate coverage is not just a matter of how far away another Supercharger is in one particular direction, but adequate access to charging along well-travelled routes for travellers who run low along the way and for local traffic in those areas that uses those routes as feeders (and are thus not coming directly from or going to another location served by a Supercharger). From that perspective, I see the extremely heavily travelled autoroutes that I identified south and south east of Montreal as in need of better Supercharger access.

And yes, using Circuit Électrique with a CHAdeMO adapter can help, but we all know that it is not the same thing as a Supercharger.

In the meantime, a lot of that can be alleviated with a CHAdeMO adapter .

Yes, as long as you don't get stuck waiting behind a LEAF or a Bolt. Due to lack of active thermal battery management, LEAFs can be limited to 25 kW at CHAdeMO stations and Bolt recharging is often capped at 38 kW or less. There are a ton of LEAFs and Bolts in Quebec. (#2 market for EVs in Canada and the USA after only California).

We're getting off topic, but do a simple test : Montreal -> Jay Peak / Sutton -> Montreal, by -20°C, in a SR+. Bromont/Granby would be better than detour by Magog.

While Specific to this example, a quick search on PlugShare.com shows that there are 5 J1772 EVSEs and 5 Tesla HWPCs at Mont Sutton. Jay Peak has even more spread around four lots. It seems lots of people tend to forget about destination charging, but it's quite useful.

There is also a Chargepoint DC Charger coming soon in the town of Sutton.