Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Possible reservation number hint on My Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think somewhere upthread there was someone who claimed to be a Tesla employee and who reserved as soon as he/she could. Ended up with an ID of 351,xxx.

EDIT: Here it is Possible reservation number hint on My Tesla

Right, I saw that post.....but it's important to note that he placed his order 2 weeks before any of us could...so there's still a lot of "noise" between that order and the opening in Australia 3/31. 500-1000-ish maybe??

The important thing to me is: if 372XXX is indeed the global all-time number of all Tesla Roadsters, S's, X's, 3's, AND CPOs....there's almost no way I'm NOT getting the tax break, especially if Elon stays true to his word re: production ramp.

The field seems to be an input field that is submitted with the page... perhaps one can modify the submission to see if future returned results reflect it. Anyone care to find out? Make something like
<input class="ReservationId" type="hidden" name="common_reservation_id" value="299999" />

Reservation placed: 4./1 @ 7pm EST in PA

Reservation Number: 570XXX

*There is a graph somewhere online that shows a rather linear trend of reservations based upon the Musk's tweets - time vs reservation count. Based upon that graph it looked like I would end up somewhere around 218-220K. Take 570K - 350K (starting point) = 220K. The math seems to make sense to me.

I ordered two at once in store at around 10:05 AM CST (St. Louis) on 3/31/16 and my reservation IDs are 4xxx77 and 4xxx89 (only 12 apart). This definitely seems to be a sequential counter, though, I'm guessing this is just your "place in line" before adjusting for time zones, whether you own a model s/x, or are a Tesla/SpaceX employee, etc.

Edit: Sorry, I just realized everyone else came to the same conclusion. Should we get a spreadsheet going to help find some correlations? It would be really helpful if we knew the beginning reservation number for each time zone. For CST, it would seem to be around 400k. Also, as others have noted, given the high numbers, the reservation ID likely includes all vehicles (Roadster, S, X, and 3), which would explain why the value seems to have started off so high (100k+) for Model 3.

Last edited:
I ordered two at once in store at around 10:05 AM CST (St. Louis) on 3/31/16 and my reservation IDs are 4xxx77 and 4xxx89 (only 12 apart). This definitely seems to be a sequential counter, though, I'm guessing this is just your "place in line" before adjusting for time zones, whether you own a model s/x, or are a Tesla/SpaceX employee, etc.

Edit: Sorry, I just realized everyone else came to the same conclusion. Should we get a spreadsheet going to help find some correlations? It would be really helpful if we knew the beginning reservation number for each time zone. For CST, it would seem to be around 400k.

Form: Model 3 ID Tracker
Results: Model 3 ID Tracker (Responses)

Not sure if you mean this spreadsheet.

Uid may be more of a User ID, which could be created when you first reserve a Tesla or any type. Can anyone with multiple reservations or multiple Tesla vehicles confirm if they have the same Uid for both?
I have a Model S and Model 3 reserved. My UID is the same for both cars.

Also, placed my M3 order at 9:36AM 3/31 Central and my CRID is 3760XX
My MS CRID is 661xx. I'm curious to see what the ~4 digit Sigs are.

Reactions: Darren12
Shortly before the Model 3 landrush, I reserved and ordered a Model X.
My common reservation number for this MX is 347xxx!

I guess, this is not a magic number, initialized at 350,000 or something. It is a simple counter, already being in use prior to Model 3 launch. First reservations of Tesla and SpaceX employees just entered this queue around 350k.

The reservation number will not match position of production queue, of course. It might prioritize within a regional pool of customers and I expect, you have to configure fast to stay ahead.

Yeah I saw that too. I am starting to feel like we might start to see more numbers like that when their processing times start to delay. Do you know how soon your CC was charged?

CC was charged within an hour (11ish, received email confirmation at 12:15 EST)

Yeah it looks like double reservation holders have a separate queue somewhere in the 49xxxx to 5xxxxx range.. lol

Double reservation holders having a separate queue could make sense, we ordered at approximately the same time but I have a much higher number (380XXX) but made 2 reservations.