TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Possible Supercharger - Red Lodge, MT

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by memcd, Jan 15, 2016.

1. memcd

memcd Member

2. MikeC

MikeC Active Member

The 4-hour charge statement makes it sound like a destination charger. Would still be very helpful for Yellowstone, though.

3. Rocky_H

Rocky_H Member

#3 Rocky_H, Jan 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
    Quote: “Tesla vehicles are pretty pricey with the Model S starting at over a $100,000 with many additionally priced options available. “They are coming out with a cheaper version of Tesla in the future,” said Essig. The skinny has it at about $30,000.”

Gah! The stupid—it hurts! They overstate the Model S starting price by about $30K, and then understate the Model 3 by $5K. Damn, I hate seeing the Model S quoted as a $100,000 car.

I just sent them a nicely worded correction. We'll see if they add it.

4. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Active Member

Probably not a Supercharger, more like HPWCs, but still sounds great.

Maybe a mod can change the title?

5. zarkuu

zarkuu Member

http://cityofredlodge.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Resolution-3410-Electric-Vehicle-Charging-Stations.pdf

So not a SC but 4 destination chargers (2 Tesla and 2 Clipper Creek) located at a convenient location in town. There isn't a lot of parking in this lot so when they have events I imagine these spots will get ICED especially if they aren't planning on collecting fines. Totally empty on Sunday morning so I snapped a few pictures. Currently the grounded pedestals are installed and that's about it. I did note there was a 14-50 on the art depot building about 30 feet away. I didn't try it since I didn't need to charge so I don't know for sure it works but it might help someone more desperate.

Attached Files:

• Like x 1
  6. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

Excellent! Thanks for sharing!

That's some pretty country for sure. And that road over the Beartooth into Yellowstone is a pretty great drive! :D;)

7. thx1139

thx1139 Member

First time we went to Yellowstone we took the Beartooth Highway from Billings to Red Lodge and stayed in Red Lodge the first fews days of our stay. Beartooth Highway is a beautiful drive.

• Like x 1