Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Possible to Delay Model Y Order?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I'm really excited for my first Tesla vehicle to arrive. But I'm sure a lot of people are financially saving up waiting for it to come on in Fall 2020, then it was Summer 2020, then it's possibly in the next month or so.

So even though I'm not financially ready to submit my down payment, is it possible when a Tesla representative reaches you, can you tell them to delay/hold my order? I ordered mine like 3 days after they unveiled the Model Y back in March 2019.

One Tesla enthusiast on YouTube said that they will produce the Performance first, then the AWD, then the RWD. So if I modify my order to RWD and change it to AWD when I'm ready, is that also possible?

Please Advise. Thanks!

When processing orders, Tesla typically contacts deposit people first. If you don't agree to delivery, they just go on to the next guy on the list. Don't force any deposit order people to take delivery unless ready.

Amazing how fast this Model Y is going from proposed to reality. Gonna sell like popcorn.

It’s not like they are rare. Just buy it whenever you are ready.

I’ll never understand the desire to pre-order a mass produced vehicle.

I know a number of people that really want a Tesla, but really needed the space of Model Y. They all pre-ordered because they can't take driving their ICE vehicles any longer. Which is something any Tesla owner can understand.

• Disagree
Reactions: glide
I know a number of people that really want a Tesla, but really needed the space of Model Y. They all pre-ordered because they can't take driving their ICE vehicles any longer. Which is something any Tesla owner can understand.

The only time a “reservation” could possibly matter is if you’re buying a Performance trim and live in CA.

Did these people you know not learn anything from the Model 3 launch?

The only time a “reservation” could possibly matter is if you’re buying a Performance trim and live in CA.

Did these people you know not learn anything from the Model 3 launch?

I do live in California as to the people I reference. 30 miles from factory. And they likely checked every option box. These people would normally buy a BMW X3 with all the options.