Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Postpone New Car Purchase?

Did you postpone a new/used car purchase within the next two years to wait for the Model 3?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I first heard about the M3,I got all excited about Tesla. So I was thinking of buying a MS to help bump me up in the queue. But after reading more on this forum about the percentage of new M3 owners on the list, the new ramp up plan, and the fact I registered within the first hour at my local Tesla store, I'm no longer considering a MS (new or CPO). Just too much money lost and I'd only have it for 18 - 24 months. So I'm sticking with my 2009 Acura TL AWD until the M3 comes in.

I'm no longer considering a MS (new or CPO). Just too much money lost and I'd only have it for 18 - 24 months

We went for a an early 2013 CPO last year for precisely the reason that waiting just meant more time not driving a Tesla! We've never been happier with our garage since we've been parking two EV's in it. :) Life is too short.

Reactions: Skryll
We went for a an early 2013 CPO last year for precisely the reason that waiting just meant more time not driving a Tesla! We've never been happier with our garage since we've been parking two EV's in it. :) Life is too short.
Just last week, my 2007 Lexus looked as though it was going to need a new exhaust system due to a huge crack in one of the tail pipes - 3K estimate and I thought this was finally enough to make the case to my husband to move to a MS CPO while we wait for our 3 (Because it's definitely not worth investing 3K in a 5-6K car)- but dammit his cousin who restores antique cars was able to weld the pipe. ;)