Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Potential New EV Tax Credit for 2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you heard of something called Inflation?
Yes. It has nothing to do with monetary sovereignty and our ability to finance, build things. That has to do with too much money in the money supply. i.e.: You can't make everyone a millionaire, you can however spend a million dollars on bridges, roads etc, as the free market (which is where it comes into play) will adjust the price accordingly.
Fund allocation is always the key.

It's not true when foreigners own your debt... you are selling out your country piece by piece: land, corporations, resources. NMT is just complete BS. Money is a resource like any other good.
Nope, money is a concept. That's all. It is not a true hard resource. Every business person knows this. It is a concept used to move goods and services in exchange for other goods and services. It's not "real".
Foreigners owning our debt is completely, 100% irrelevant.
Why?
Because we can ALWAYS pay them off.
You have a lack of knowledge on how our monetary system works. I had that same lack of knowledge at one point and completely misunderstood how this all works.
Oh, what is NMT? I don't think I've heard of this.
How much is our debt inflated every year by an increase in the military spending?
It's never calculated as part of the "budget". Why?
Congress allocates the funds and it is funded.
We can have 100% EV cars, the best high speed rail in the world, 100% renewable energy, all we have to do is allocate the funds and let the private sector push through by competing for contracts.
This is done ALL THE TIME.
Why do you think contractors LOVE federal contracts and subsidies for infrastructure.
Federal government checks...
well...
They NEVER are bad.
Because the USA can never run out of money.
Again, we can't just "make everyone a millionaire" we can spend our debt building whatever we want.
Keep other nations out of the idea as they are just accumulating debt bonds to balance with their currency.
Does anyone ever question why china can build such crazy stuff?
Massive hydro dams.
High speed rail wrapping the country.
They are monetarily sovereign, just like us. Except, they are not hand tied by people who still cry, "but the debt".

EV Rebates are fully funded and will push the drive to much cleaner, cooler, faster EV cars to possibly help keep the planet habitable for your kids. Sadly, this will up the price you pay for an EV because the car companies will factor the rebate into the new prices. Ah, capitalism, lol.
I understand how our monetary system works 100%.
Money is created by key presses from the gov't. That's all. You and I, we don't get to do that.

Nope, money is a concept. That's all. It is not a true hard resource. Every business person knows this. It is a concept used to move goods and services in exchange for other goods and services. It's not "real".
Foreigners owning our debt is completely, 100% irrelevant.
Why?
Because we can ALWAYS pay them off.
You have a lack of knowledge on how our monetary system works. I had that same lack of knowledge at one point and completely misunderstood how this all works.
Oh, what is NMT? I don't think I've heard of this.
How much is our debt inflated every year by an increase in the military spending?
It's never calculated as part of the "budget". Why?
Congress allocates the funds and it is funded.
We can have 100% EV cars, the best high speed rail in the world, 100% renewable energy, all we have to do is allocate the funds and let the private sector push through by competing for contracts.
This is done ALL THE TIME.
Why do you think contractors LOVE federal contracts and subsidies for infrastructure.
Federal government checks...
well...
They NEVER are bad.
Because the USA can never run out of money.
Again, we can't just "make everyone a millionaire" we can spend our debt building whatever we want.
Keep other nations out of the idea as they are just accumulating debt bonds to balance with their currency.
Does anyone ever question why china can build such crazy stuff?
Massive hydro dams.
High speed rail wrapping the country.
They are monetarily sovereign, just like us. Except, they are not hand tied by people who still cry, "but the debt".

EV Rebates are fully funded and will push the drive to much cleaner, cooler, faster EV cars to possibly help keep the planet habitable for your kids. Sadly, this will up the price you pay for an EV because the car companies will factor the rebate into the new prices. Ah, capitalism, lol.
I understand how our monetary system works 100%.
Money is created by key presses from the gov't. That's all. You and I, we don't get to do that.
"Because the USA can never run out of money" - you are right but the value of money can collapse and become so useless it can not be used to buy anything. Governments can continue to print worthless money at that point. Currently Japan, China, Germany, OPEC nations, Singapore, etc. are allowing the US to continue further into debt. Heck, China's debt ridden economy is teetering itself.

Fiat money is a delicate thing based on trust in banking and governments. We've been endlessly printing money for the last 10-20 years but all it takes is shock to the system to bring the fiat system to a halt. This money has primarily gone into foreign hands (see list above) and the US has become a debtor nation.

I don't know how to even respond to the rest of your statements so I won't.

We've been endlessly printing money for the last 10-20 years but all it takes is shock to the system to bring the fiat system to a halt. This money has primarily gone into foreign hands (see list above) and the US has become a debtor nation.
This is wrong on so many levels, I cannot even begin to explain.
Like WOW, you do not understand your own monetary system.
Pick up The Deficit Myth, it'll explain a lot.
Who do you think we are in debt to?
Because china owns some dollars?
Or japan?
We will NEVER be a debtor nation, it's completely IMPOSSIBLE, we're monetarily sovereign, we owe no one money but ourselves.
This is wordy but explains a lot.
CHINA OWNS US RED ALERT! (j/k)
Push for those EV tax credits! The kids will thank you, if for nothing else, the super fast, hi torque, effectively, slot cars they'll all get to drive.

So, a lot of economics discussion that I don't understand. I just want to know if I can take delivery of my MYP this year and get the tax credit, I must wait for next year or it is not defined yet. Thanks.
Very fluid right now and nobody knows. From today's news it will take some time until this (if ever) passes congress and they iron out all details. Since this is the case and my current car is in good shape, I did delay the delivery of my M3LR to next year just to be on the safe side.

IIRC, the last I saw about the EV credit taking effect - assuming it ever gets passed of course - would be 1/1/2022 OR the date it gets passed, whichever is LATER. Ideally they get their collective crap together and get it passed this year and it kicks in as of 1/1/22.

The EV tax credits in existence today have alreany incentivised the EV market and more will do the same in our quest for sustainable energy. Without Tesla, auto makers like Ford, GM,VW,Volvo, BMW, Mercedes and others would still be in the dark ages pushing fossil fuels. I know, there will always be some people who still prefer to ride a horse. 🐎

Let them eat cake.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211110-074914_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211110-074914_Chrome.jpg
    268.8 KB · Views: 68
  • Screenshot_20211110-075146_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211110-075146_Chrome.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 41