TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Power liftgate included in Canada?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by agloutney, Nov 27, 2016.

1. agloutney

agloutney Member

Just confirmed my configuration on a 60D but left out the premium upgrades. It appears the power liftgate is part of the premium upgrade package everywhere except Canada. Can anyone who has recently took delivery confirm they have received the power liftgate without the premium upgrade package? Thanks!

2. RAM_Eh

RAM_Eh Member

I believe it has the power lift gate, but not operable from the inside. Button under the lift gate still has power.

3. hingisfan

hingisfan hingisfan_Mark_V

It used to say on the order page that it was a standard feature in Canada....now it's not listed as standard or part of the PIP

4. rypalmer

rypalmer Member

There was some ambiguity on this when I was taking delivery of my post-refresh Model S. I did not get the premium package and I did not receive a power lift gate. It is completely manual, which is fine.

5. agloutney

agloutney Member

It's still there on the order page when you click view all next to standard equipment and scroll down to the bottom. It's listed as standard and not under premium. Even if they added it to the premium package, I don't think its worth it for the liftgate and a few more lights. Is it possible to regulate the opening height without the power liftgate? I need to limit opening height as I back into the garage and there's a shelf that interferes with the liftgate at max opening height. If it can't be done I'll just install some padding.

6. hingisfan

There's no way to set it on a manual lift gate.... And it pops up pretty quick when the car is new. After a year or so, not so much.

7. Dakkor

Dakkor Member

Am I the only one finding this option kinda weird. I mean, a Dodge Caravan have this standard.

8. hingisfan

No it doesn't actually. New Pacifica plug in does I'm sure tho!

9. agloutney

agloutney Member

I got an answer from my DS on this. It seems all cars come with power liftgate in Canada as a standard feature now. :)