Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Power Liftgate Retrofit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just strumbled across an offer from a company which recently adapted their power liftgate kits to the Model S.

They claim to have an DIY plug and play installation which integrates the control module into the CAN bus. Means that it should operate nearly like the factory one. You can open/close if by touchscreen, liftgate buttons or fob. Setting the opening height is also possible.

The sell it for the chinese market and want to check the international demand for this. Until 12/31/2016, they will give an 100 USD rebate to preorders what makes it 299 instead of 399 plus shipping in case they will gain 50 orders worldwide.

You may check it out here: TL105 Power Liftgate Pre-orders – Autoease

Sounds reasonable to me and I'll give it a try. The chinese installation instructions show some quite simple work which should be done in a few hours max.

• Informative
Reactions: whitex
I just strumbled across an offer from a company which recently adapted their power liftgate kits to the Model S.

They claim to have an DIY plug and play installation which integrates the control module into the CAN bus. Means that it should operate nearly like the factory one. You can open/close if by touchscreen, liftgate buttons or fob. Setting the opening height is also possible.

The sell it for the chinese market and want to check the international demand for this. Until 12/31/2016, they will give an 100 USD rebate to preorders what makes it 299 instead of 399 plus shipping in case they will gain 50 orders worldwide.

You may check it out here: TL105 Power Liftgate Pre-orders – Autoease

Sounds reasonable to me and I'll give it a try. The chinese installation instructions show some quite simple work which should be done in a few hours max.

thanks for the info. I'll def. check it out.

Just finished my liftgate retro on my late year 2016 facelift model S. Works great.
A couple hours of work.

Unit:
Tesla model S Power Trunk (2012+ model) $425 total: (look for hansshow coupon to save some $)
Tesla model S Power Trunk (2012+ model) | Hansshow

Video of operation. (Buzzer not hooked up because it is annoying)

Instructions are a little wonky but this install video is perfect and will save you tons of time with install tips.

Make sure you buy extra Door panel retainer clips: ($7)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0040CTTH4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1