Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Power meter on instrument panel graded at 200 on new 75D, is it normal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello. Just got my S75D a week ago.

Performance is amazing. Beats any car I've owned before!

One question however with respect to the power meter on the instrument panel: why is the highest number 200, considering the car can output easily over 300? I've read 320 or even as high as 355kw in some posts here.

>...power meter on the instrument panel...

Are you referring to Energy Consumption graph on the right that shows the maximum numerical 200 kiloWatts on the scale while the actual consumption is 316 Watt-hour per mile?

Tesla_Model_X_Special_Features__3_.jpg

I believe he is referring to the KW scale only going up to 200 on the right. When you accelerate hard, you will notice that the orange energy meter will go past 200, it doesn't max out at the 200 point. Since the scale is logarithmic, it does essentially map a 300-355KW output, its just that Tesla limited the markings in 50/100/200 increments to make it neater. Just an educated guess..

Are you referring to Energy Consumption graph on the right that shows the maximum numerical 200 kiloWatts on the scale while the actual consumption is 316 Watt-hour per mile?

Tesla_Model_X_Special_Features__3_.jpg
slightly off topic NOOB question. What display setting did you use to get that particular graphic located on the left side of your display? I have the right hand graphic but I've never seen the left hand one before.

You can change what the display shows both on the left and right side. There's a host of options that you can scroll through and select.

All you have to do to access them is hold the scroll wheel on the steering wheel, on either side depending on which side of the display you want to change, down for about 3-5 seconds and the display will show a menu you can scroll through and pick what you want shown. To select something, you just click the scroll wheel down once.

Hope that helps!

Reactions: Duffer
You mean you are able to include your "current trip" numbers but you don't have those icons: curvy road icon, stopwatch timer icon, energy up icon?

I don't have those icons either. I got the picture from the internet and perhaps previous versions would have them.
Thank you. I feel slightly less noobish.
I think he wants the icons, not just numbers:

1) curvy road icon, 2) stopwatch timer icon, 3) energy up icon

View attachment 268078
Yes. I thought that the image on the left (including the curvy road, stopwatch, energy icons) were all part of one display based on a setting. I looked through the available displays/settings and couldn't find it.