Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Power to left side puddle light out, Help.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Replacing my puddle lights on the doors with the Tesla logo projection lights. Was lining up the projection of the logo and the light went out. Checked the wiring and there is no power going to the wires. The red light on the backside of the door also is out. The lights under the door handle work. This is only on the left side. The right side puddle light works. Pull the door panel out and the wiring from the puddle light goes into a large wire loom.
Could it be a fuse, if so which one. And why is it only effecting the left side puddle lights (besides me messing with it).
Anyone have a suggestion?

Replacing my puddle lights on the doors with the Tesla logo projection lights. Was lining up the projection of the logo and the light went out. Checked the wiring and there is no power going to the wires. The red light on the backside of the door also is out. The lights under the door handle work. This is only on the left side. The right side puddle light works. Pull the door panel out and the wiring from the puddle light goes into a large wire loom.
Could it be a fuse, if so which one. And why is it only effecting the left side puddle lights (besides me messing with it).
Anyone have a suggestion?

Try looking at fuse 41 10A fuse. Go to controls-settings on the touchscreen. At the bottom left is the owners manual. Go to the maintenance section. Look up where fuse 41 is in fuse box 2. 10A fuse. Check that fuse first.

Why didn't I think of this first. Did u have the door open for about 30 minutes? The puddle lights go off after a certain amount of time. Close the door and reopen it.

Last edited:
Try looking at fuse 41 10A fuse. Go to controls-settings on the touchscreen. At the bottom left is the owners manual. Go to the maintenance section. Look up where fuse 41 is in fuse box 2. 10A fuse. Check that fuse first.

Why didn't I think of this first. Did u have the door open for about 30 minutes? The puddle lights go off after a certain amount of time. Close the door and reopen it.

Damn, FLDarren, you the man. Had the door closed and shoved all the stuff into the panel and was going to call it a night. Tried your suggestion and opened the door and it works.
Thanks.

Damn, FLDarren, you the man. Had the door closed and shoved all the stuff into the panel and was going to call it a night. Tried your suggestion and opened the door and it works.
Thanks.

If I'm not mistaken, I think the red lights on the side stay on for much longer than the puddle lights do. Why? I don't know. I hooked up my custom puddle lights for the rear doors to those lights.