Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Power Trunk/liftgate Retrofit Group Buy!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You said it only works via the app, center screen or key fob. Does that mean I can't open/close via the regular trunk handle?
Ha I never would've thought to use it that way! It will open and close from the original trunk button but you have a new interior button with the kit to get it to close. Trying to reach the top part of the trunk to push that button would be a pain.

You said it only works via the app, center screen or key fob. Does that mean I can't open/close via the regular trunk handle?

To be clear, you can't close the trunk via the center touch screen on this kit. Once Tesla sees the trunk is open it grays out the 'Open' button. That's why there's an included 2nd smaller button, which is intended to go in the driver footwell. That button can be used to close the trunk without going back there.

Normal button works fine as EVTuning mentioned, but you're gonna be reaching quite a bit for it. I've tested it.

To be clear, you can't close the trunk via the center touch screen on this kit. Once Tesla sees the trunk is open it grays out the 'Open' button. That's why there's an included 2nd smaller button, which is intended to go in the driver footwell. That button can be used to close the trunk without going back there.

Normal button works fine as EVTuning mentioned, but you're gonna be reaching quite a bit for it. I've tested it.
We haven't been installing the second button up front. Typically you or someone else is back there to close the trunk once they're done loading it. But yes you're correct you cannot close it from the screen. The app automatically resets every time so you can close it from the app. I've always used the secondary button on the trunk to close it the same way it is on many OEM installations.

We haven't been installing the second button up front. Typically you or someone else is back there to close the trunk once they're done loading it. But yes you're correct you cannot close it from the screen. The app automatically resets every time so you can close it from the app. I've always used the secondary button on the trunk to close it the same way it is on many OEM installations.

I've found it useful in some instances. I back my car into a garage with like ~6" of clearance between the rear bumper and a bunch of stuff, so I can open it and put stuff in, but I have trouble reaching the secondary button on the trunk to close it. Front button makes that easier.

Ha I never would've thought to use it that way! It will open and close from the original trunk button but you have a new interior button with the kit to get it to close. Trying to reach the top part of the trunk to push that button would be a pain.
You would never think to open your trunk the normal way? I'm confused. On S and X you walk up to the trunk, push the trunk handle like any other car and it opens. Can I open the trunk this way? That's how 99% of people operate the trunk so I'm confused why you would never think to open it that way. Unless I'm missing something.

You would never think to open your trunk the normal way? I'm confused. On S and X you walk up to the trunk, push the trunk handle like any other car and it opens. Can I open the trunk this way? That's how 99% of people operate the trunk so I'm confused why you would never think to open it that way. Unless I'm missing something.

I think he was talking about closing via the original trunk release button, which would be awkward and why they include an additional button to install on the trunk trim piece

Reactions: EVTuning
Hi Everyone,
We are offering the Power Trunk/Liftgate Retrofit Kit for Model 3 as a group buy! Use discount code "trunk" for $100.00 off the $599.00 retail price. We need to sell a minimum of 20 kits to be offering it at this discount. Once we reach 20 units sold we will place the order and fulfill kits. We will continue in increments of 20 for as long as their is interest in this product. The kit does not include the "foot sensor". It is only operated from the App, Center Screen or Key Fob if you opted to get one. If you have any questions please let us know. We have done a few of these kits in house for customers and the @EVTuning Model 3 without any issues. I would rate the DIY skill level as advanced where the bumper needs to be removed, and wires need to be snaked from front to back of the car. We also offer installation at The Electrified Garage for $500.00 if you're local and would rather a professional do the installation for you.

View attachment 421308
Would definitely buy one if there was an installer in the Dallas, TX area

I think he was talking about closing via the original trunk release button, which would be awkward and why they include an additional button to install on the trunk trim piece
Yep, I personally can't even reach the trunk release button
Would definitely buy one if there was an installer in the Dallas, TX area
My guess is a stereo place would do it but key is finding a good one of course.

Reactions: EVTuning