Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall 2 ‘unavailable’ in the app.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today, my Powerwall 2 is showing as ‘unavailable’ in the app and reporting 0% charge and not supporting the house load. I know this is untrue as it was at 43% yesterday and we are currently away and the house is using very little energy. Being away also means I can’t perform any sort of reset. It’s been in this state for >12 hours now.

Anyone else observed this behaviour and if so, does it resolve itself or is intervention required. Thanks for any feedback.

I discovered this morning at work that my Powerwall went offline at 3:12am on Sunday 17th September and shows as unavailable in the app. I have a solid green LED and a restart made no difference. I'm wondering if there was a failed FW update as that's the sort of time I normally see them come in.

Tesla chat advised me to contact my installer.

thank you :)
I spoke to customer support at my installer this morning. They're getting an engineer to talk to me this afternoon. I'll keep you updated.
I never got the call from an engineer but it appears that they’ve opened a ticket with Tesla Energy Europe as I got an email though saying they’re looking into it for me.

I’m not sure why Tesla chat support couldn’t do that for me or why my installer never bothered to call back.

The saga continues.

Interesting that others are having the same issue at similar times. I subsequently got an app message telling me that the Powerall’s breaker is open. I get back tomorrow so I’ll check it out.
That's interesting. I'm aware of 3 others with the issue now. It is odd they've all come at the same time and nothing with the same symptoms before.

My breaker is definitely closed. I've done a full shutdown and restart of the system.

@koiploy have you been able to check the status of your Powerwall? Ie the LED on the physical powerwall? I'd be interested to know if it's also solid green.

Today's update. After trying to tell me that Tesla needed to help me, not them, my installer has agreed to send someone out to have a look. They initially told me that the fuse has tripped until I confirmed it was closed. Now waiting for a visit date.

Tesla ticket I updated with detail and screenshots but no update from them. It turns out that my installer didn't open the ticket. Must be on the back of my contact with support.

I'll update as things progress.

Yesterday was a day of no progress.

Today I spoke with Tesla Powerwall support on the phone. They informed me that my Gateway had sent an alert to Tesla who shut it down remotely and are analysing the issue. I'm expecting a call in the next 24 hours.

It's left me with unanswered questions.

1. Why didn't they tell.me that they were taking it offline?

Support guy said it was to avoid alarming or worrying me. This worries me, ironically.

2. Why didn't the support agent on the chat know this last week when I first discovered the issue?

3. Why did Tesla support tell me to take it up with my installer (who I've stood down for the moment) when it was them that disabled it? Does the support team really have so little info? It had been offline for 5 days by then.

Today, my Powerwall 2 is showing as ‘unavailable’ in the app and reporting 0% charge and not supporting the house load. I know this is untrue as it was at 43% yesterday and we are currently away and the house is using very little energy. Being away also means I can’t perform any sort of reset. It’s been in this state for >12 hours now.

Anyone else observed this behaviour and if so, does it resolve itself or is intervention required. Thanks for any feedback.
Way over here in Texas my PW2 started doing this today. Any easy fix?

My latest update is that after 3 weeks offline, Tesla support have asked me to turn off and isolate the PW2 to "prevent further damage" whilst they continue to investigate.

I'm assuming it's goosed and I've asked that they get the process of replacement underway ASAP as it's not serviceable and damage implies that it needs replacing.

I'll keep you updated.

Replacement Powerwall ordered by my installer. Due to arrive this week and waiting to hear about an installation date.

No further news about what happened to the original PW2, but I’ve asked the installer to find out. Tesla aren’t keen to share the outcome of their 3+ week “investigation “.