Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall 3 Roadmap - 3 Phase Coming!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The warranty on the first PW1s sold would expire next year. I wonder what the warranty trigger was and how many hit it? PW1 is also long discontinued, it would be interesting to know what Tesla would do.

First PW2s will exit warranty in 2027.
I don’t think that many Powerwall 1’s would have been replaced due to capacity loss as it’s difficult to measure the existing capacity.

@Vostok I wouldn't be surprised if Tesla has a stash of refurbished PW2 hiding somewhere specifically for warranty cases. Especially since we're still well within the warranty period for all PW2 ever sold

I have just had 2 PW2's installed, I was not willing to wait for an AC coupled PW3 as I have an Enphase system and need the Micros due to extensive shading.
I just deal with the minor back-up consequences on my 3-phase home supply and blackouts are exceptionally rare where I am.

To the point though, both my Powerwalls were manufactured over 12 months ago (installer had them freshly delivered from the supplier), so there's probably a backlog of supply out there...

For warranty replacements I would expect either new/old stock or refurbished units, with higher chance of refurbished as time goes by.

Reactions: Jules22