Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall update to 1.49 trashed my network connection [Tesla network was down]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FWIW, I can see my cars again in the app, but still no Powerwall. It still says 1.48.1 in the app, and 1.49 locally.

I'm going to wait until later to check back in with Tesla support. Since there are others who lost connectivity on the 1.49 upgrade, they may need to pull that one from further distribution until they understand what is going wrong.

Is the power wall not working?
My understanding from other posts was that it was just the app that was struggling, the Powerwalls still work as normal?

PS: Just checked my meter and still no grid usage so the house is definitely currently being fed by the Powerwalls

My Powerwall is online but I hadn't programmed it yet to discharge @ 16:00 and I cannot update that schedule without the app.

Latest app error, has changed again:

Attachments

• AF418A33-FE71-47D7-B5E8-26ABF5A8C249.png
    AF418A33-FE71-47D7-B5E8-26ABF5A8C249.png
    91.6 KB · Views: 56
Hopefully it downloads the full update prior to installing it, in which case it should be safe-ish

I’m sure the update will be done safely whether the power fails or not. But my concern was that if the powerwalls go offline to install the update and the power fails in the middle of the install then will the house lose power?

I would imagine that they have something in place to prevent that though.

Just had this email reply:

"Hello,

Thank you for your email.

We are currently experiencing server issue which also affect the mobile app. A team is already working relentlessly to fix this issue.

You should be able to see new data in your app again.

We apologise for the inconvenience. Let me know if you have any further questions."

Although my app is still not working...

What email address did you use to reach Tesla?

We got 1.49 but didn't have any network issues. As before, we still don't see the the Power Offset unless we set it to self-powered.

For some reason I don't understand, I now have a "Solar Offset" card in my app, just as the release notes said. I'm in Cost-Savings mode. It wasn't there yesterday, and I'm not sure if there's anything I might have done to help make this happen.

Bruce.

For some reason I don't understand, I now have a "Solar Offset" card in my app, just as the release notes said. I'm in Cost-Savings mode. It wasn't there yesterday, and I'm not sure if there's anything I might have done to help make this happen.

Bruce.
I just tried self-powered and both Balanced and Cost Savings. Nothing. The Solar Offset only appears if I set the Powerwalls to backup only.

As a follow up, I decided not to pursue the problem again until today due to Tesla's server meltdown yesterday.

Powerwall support is now agreeing that there is a problem here, and escalating to 'Tier 2' tech support, with expectation that they will get back to me in 3 - 5 business days.