Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pre-Refresh Model S/X - Sentry Mode Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey, I have a pre-refresh 2019 Raven Model S, with HW3 and all the cameras.
Everyone is talking about this great Sentry Mode Live feature that isn't available to me, and wasn't in my Release Notes for 2021.36.8.5—like it was for others with that software release.
Is anyone else on the latest update missing this feature (Model S? Model X?)? Does anyone pre-refresh S/X actually HAVE this feature?
Does anyone know why Tesla is [blanking] me in the [blank] with new features like taking away my FSD AutoPark functionality and excluding me from Sentry Mode Live?

Has there been any official word on if this is coming to pre-refresh Model S/X?
I’m not aware of anything official saying it will or will not be available at some point, but I don’t follow Elon on Twitter so I could have missed it. The Live Camera feature was initially only available on iOS devices, but Android support came later. I wouldn’t assume it won’t come to older S/X cars with the necessary hardware at some point.

Hey, I have a pre-refresh 2019 Raven Model S, with HW3 and all the cameras.
Everyone is talking about this great Sentry Mode Live feature that isn't available to me, and wasn't in my Release Notes for 2021.36.8.5—like it was for others with that software release.
Is anyone else on the latest update missing this feature (Model S? Model X?)? Does anyone pre-refresh S/X actually HAVE this feature?
Does anyone know why Tesla is [blanking] me in the [blank] with new features like taking away my FSD AutoPark functionality and excluding me from Sentry Mode Live?
I have a 2020 Raven Model S long range plus, built in November 2019, and my car is already considered “legacy.” I don’t care about games and the light show but I would really like the live sentry mode and the blind spot camera. This is my 3rd Tesla since 2016 and I feel like I have been abandoned. If these 2 features were offered as an option, I would happily pay a fair price - even though everyone else has gotten them for free. I’m so disappointed.

I’m not aware of anything official saying it will or will not be available at some point, but I don’t follow Elon on Twitter so I could have missed it. The Live Camera feature was initially only available on iOS devices, but Android support came later. I wouldn’t assume it won’t come to older S/X cars with the necessary hardware at some point.
I am on Twitter and nothing was said about the live sentry coming eventually. But also nothing was ever said about it NOT coming for every recent model.

Reactions: Wadisr
Since Green's hack shows (at least) blind spot is perfectly possible with out outdated legacy cars, the more worrying thing for me is that evidently Tesla isn't really interested in delivering perfectly feasible useful updates using its much vaunted OTA system. Just cold weather improvements.

I was thinking the new 2021+ models have a new Graphics Processing Unit from AMD. Older units don't have this much faster and more powerful GPU. Would this have anything to do with why this feature is only on the newer cars?
Doubtful it’s this, as there are hundreds of thousands of 3/Y with the same MCU as “legacy” S/X and they all have remote sentry.

I have a 2020 Raven Model S long range plus, built in November 2019, and my car is already considered “legacy.” I don’t care about games and the light show but I would really like the live sentry mode and the blind spot camera. This is my 3rd Tesla since 2016 and I feel like I have been abandoned. If these 2 features were offered as an option, I would happily pay a fair price - even though everyone else has gotten them for free. I’m so disappointed.
I agree 💯

Reactions: Cheburashka
I agree 💯

Reactions: Cheburashka