Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pre-refresh S / X now officially known as “Legacy” in terms of software

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's not a safety feature, it's a safety liability that encourages drivers to look inside, at a much lower resolution picture than a human eyeball can generate, and through a distorted fisheye lens, instead of looking outside.

I would say I'm amazed it got past the human factors people at Tesla but who are we kidding, those peopl probably got canned along with the PR staff. Just slap a disclaimer on it it'll be fine

greentheonly played with blindspot in the Model X drivers display. Looks like it is just a redirect of the new feature to the drivers display. We know with the MCU1 to MCU2 upgrade that the drivers display was updated to be a 2nd display vs an independent computer+display.
Clearly our “legacy” cars have the processing power for these features. It’s really shitty for Tesla to omit them. Hopefully more hackers will be able to program their own features. Since tesla has abandoned us I would gladly pay someone to hack into it now.

Reactions: RNHurt and KArnold
I'm seriously pissed that I paid for HW3 and MCU2 last year, expecting those to keep my vehicle up with the newest production vehicles, and I'm now in the same situation as those that hadn't bothered with those upgrades. I'd really re-think spending the $$$ for these upgrades knowing what I know now. Those contemplating the $10K FSD update should think twice about it.

I'm seriously pissed that I paid for HW3 and MCU2 last year, expecting those to keep my vehicle up with the newest production vehicles, and I'm now in the same situation as those that hadn't bothered with those upgrades. I'd really re-think spending the $$$ for these upgrades knowing what I know now. Those contemplating the $10K FSD update should think twice about it.
Welcome to Tesla. 🤷‍♂️

Introducing Software V11.0 <-- The chart column for legacy shows Intel Atom processor that is on the MCU2 not the NVIDIA on the MCU1.
(MCU1 vs MCU2, etc Autopilot, Processors and Hardware – MCU & HW Demystified – TeslaTap)

I am wondering how much the Camera upgrade will be? I too go suckered into MCU2/HW3 and started to pay for FSD subscription just to figure out I got nothing new in terms of features except dashcam.

what's next/ horizontal screen upgrade/

I am wondering how much the Camera upgrade will be? I too go suckered into MCU2/HW3 and started to pay for FSD subscription just to figure out I got nothing new in terms of features except dashcam.

what's next/ horizontal screen upgrade/
As repeated several times in this thread
and shown on invoices
and on the tesla page ... complimentary.

WCXX4hl.jpg

As repeated several times in this thread
and shown on invoices
and on the tesla page ... complimentary.

WCXX4hl.jpg
So anything 9/17 and after has 2.5 camera? Hmm.

Downloading .6 right now!
Aren't you already in the beta? Did anyone not get the update?

From you:

"I'm on Beta 10.6.1 and still didn't get the update and waiting very impatiently lol. I'm in NY.

There should be an actual download button, especially if I choose Advanced."

Edit: Sorry my bad. Two similar topic thread by @Lowchrg I posted in wrong one.

Last edited:
Especially when a Hyundai that cost 1/3rd the money can do it.

My daily drive is a Kona Electric and although it doesn't aim to be bleeding edge, it has so many useful features that won't evolve but hopefully won't regress!

Smart wipers.
Speed limits.
Lane assist (kinda)
Heat / vented seats.
Head up display.
Over achiever on claimed range.

I'm not selling the Kona. My point is even mid-market manufacturers are delivering good stuff. Tesla really can't afford to not really up their game.

Edit: auto headlights that detect tail lights correctly and don't get confused by sign reflections and other lights.
Decent smart cruise control.

And many other manufacturers offer similar.

Last edited: