Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Precondition bacon colour

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Adopado

Aug 19, 2019
Scotland
The "bacon" that appears beside the battery icon in the app when preconditioning is/was red but recently I've seen it as orange ... I don't know if there is a specific meaning of orange as against red ... (as a colour "challenged" person the orange stands out better than dark red against the black background so that aspect is welcome!)

Probably more accurately reflects the nature of terrible American "bacon".
Haha ... but that's a bit unkind ... perhaps you were eating in the wrong places!

I first noticed the colour change before the app was updated so that made me think it wasn't just a change that came with a new app version but that it maybe indicated something else in respect of the preconditioning process.

Haha ... but that's a bit unkind ... perhaps you were eating in the wrong places!
That’s a bit unkind saying America is the wrong place 🤪. Just because they don’t understand there’s 2 types of bacon …. The crappy streaky stuff only fit for flavouring or draping over a turkey …… and the good stuff ie proper back bacon which is food for the gods🤣🤣

Also noticed this! The geeks we clearly are.

It came after an update, but the user manual has not been updated to reflect what the yellow bacon means as opposed to the red.

Could it be battery heating (yellow), as opposed to car defrost (red)?

Also noticed this! The geeks we clearly are.

It came after an update, but the user manual has not been updated to reflect what the yellow bacon means as opposed to the red.

Could it be battery heating (yellow), as opposed to car defrost (red)?

I suppose it could be something like that ... or simply a colour change. I was surprised that it came about without updating the app. I couldn't see how a car software change would alter a colour indicator on the app? Anyway ... at least it stands out (to me) now with better contrast even if it doesn't signify anything other than before.