Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Prediction: Model X price will be reduced to $78K in January 2024

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is a really odd to me that people see a difference in existing inventory (e.g. build 8/23) vs newly produced rolled out of factory today (9/23). If there were hardware difference, or waiting between a 202X vs a 202Y, then sure. But if all things are equal, what's the thinking behind the difference?

Wish Tesla would just match me with a Plaid VIN from their current 8/23 stock and ship it down here! Or all that inventory has configurations that aren't popular atm. lol Even most of the current MXLR inventory are yoke wheels
Some of the units in inventory are several months old. Some even produced before Matrix headlights were included, which was done around July. Also, part of the inventory is the reject pile. I really don't want a car someone else looked at and threw back for another go.

At this point, it's likely that if I wait for my car I'll get a '24, since my EDD is Nov 12 - Jan 7. I ordered 9/4.

what did you think of the EV9?

I'm torn. I like it. The interior size is just a tad smaller than the Telluride and the ground clearance is poor (it's more minivan) and the 2nd/3rd mechanized folding system is problematic. With that said... it should ride nice, be very quiet on the highway, and charge fast. The interior is nicer than in an Ioniq 5 and EV6 - which is a bonus.

If the EV9 was $70K with 270 miles of highway range it would be a hit. Salesguy hinted well over $80K for the GT-Line I looked at. That's a no-go for me.... too close to Rivian and Model X pricing.

Agree 100%. Huge second row bench blocking the entire third row is a deal breaker for us, also. Some cars have a center section/console you can lower, but even this isn't ideal as ingress/egress is still difficult.
I've heard there might've been a rumor that Rivian may make a R1S with 6 seats. We looked at a Grand Wagoneer but I'm not about to pay that price and have terrible gas mileage as well lol

Reactions: cusetownusa
I'm talking about 6 seaters though. My wife and I like the pass through. Makes it easier to get in the 3rd row.

if you are taking Captain’ chairs… even the EV9 only has them on the upper trims like the Telluride. Can’t buy a base model with them.

I do wish the R1S had the option but I personally don’t want them. I use my SUVs to haul large RC planes around and Captain’s chairs suck due to the gap. They are definitely amazing for families.

Reactions: chrsgerhart
Depending where you live, also R1S and MB EQB, EQS and various the Chinese brands. Also ID.Buzz. Year 2024 seems to be when EVs begin to bloom.

If you want 2 seats in the middle, just remove one seat from a 7-seater, no biggie.
Rivian can't be done according to these folks (60/40 split on the seat):

I wasn't able to find anything indicating if this was the same for the EQS, but according to the manual it's 40:20:40 split, so maybe? Either way it's incredibly unlikely you'd not break something as integrated as all the tech is in that car. EQS is also $$$ and not sporty in the least. It does have a really cool autodrive system, though.

EQB is not a car I'd cross shop with MX. Maybe MY.. It's short on features, very small, and a complete dog, performance-wise.

Chinese brands are not an option for me (if only).

ID.Buzz looks hideous and I'm not a fan of how VWs ride or feel inside.

So true! 😠 It does look cleaner that way, but yeah that really sucks. My daughter was not a fan. She'll just have to learn to lean against the door armrest, I guess.
We ordered 9/1, test drove on 9/9. It didn't bother me too much, but we were only in it for an hour tops. My wife actually loved the 3rd row and thought it was cozy haha. I figure for trips we can find something to stick in the middle temporarily as an arm prop haha

Reactions: Neon001
I doubt any car company would get rid of their flagship vehicle. There is no need for Tesla to discontinue this, they are not fire boot strapped for money like the other top 3 manufacturers. I think they just will do minimal upgrades. I doubt everyone is going to go Gaga over the CyberTruck. I’m not interested in that ghastly thing at all.