Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Preferred Micro SD Card for BlackVue DashCam

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought the BlackVue DR900S 2CH from EV Tuning Solutions and had it installed in mid-June. I went with the BlackVue 128GB microSD card. I pulled the card to view some videos this morning and noticed that it last recorded on June 30th. I’ve driven several times since then. I was able to view most of the files but some gave me an error and wouldn’t play. I tried to format the card using the BlackVue card viewer but was unable to format. I tried using Windows but said it was write-protected. I tried formatting while in the camera and it didn’t work either. I contacted EV Tuning Solutions and BlackVue. EVTS contacted right away to let me know they’re working with BlackVue now because There are 5 other customers with the same problem. I’m about to drive to San Antonio for a week so I’d like to have a working dashcam. I was thinking about getting a 64GB card to use until there’s a solution for the original one. But, I’m not sure I can find a reliable card.

I bought the BlackVue DR900S 2CH from EV Tuning Solutions and had it installed in mid-June. I went with the BlackVue 128GB microSD card. I pulled the card to view some videos this morning and noticed that it last recorded on June 30th. I’ve driven several times since then. I was able to view most of the files but some gave me an error and wouldn’t play. I tried to format the card using the BlackVue card viewer but was unable to format. I tried using Windows but said it was write-protected. I tried formatting while in the camera and it didn’t work either. I contacted EV Tuning Solutions and BlackVue. EVTS contacted right away to let me know they’re working with BlackVue now because There are 5 other customers with the same problem. I’m about to drive to San Antonio for a week so I’d like to have a working dashcam. I was thinking about getting a 64GB card to use until there’s a solution for the original one. But, I’m not sure I can find a reliable card.
Samsung PRO Endurance 64GB Micro SDXC Card with Adapter - 100MB/s U1 (MB-MJ64GA/AM) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07B9KTLJZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_pKqpBbYPXFD5D

Same boat here and EV Tuning Solutions has been awesome dealing with it -- picked up a 128GB Samsung here to get me by as well: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07B984HJ5/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Sort of a reminder to keep a spare on hand for these sorts of things anyways.

If you have an AMEX card, follow the instructions on this (Amazon: Amex Membership Rewards Cardholders: Pay w/ Points, Get 20% Off (Select Cardholders, Max $100 Discount)) and use $1 of points, and you'll get 20% off this one since it's sold/shipped by Amazon. Was about $60 shipped next day.

I've been using the Lexar 128GB micro SD for over 3 years now and without any issues. I know of a few that have had a minor issue, but nothing that a reformat didn't resolve. Highly recommend these cards.
Stay away from SanDisk cards, because they are known to not work very well with the dashcams. It's even somewhere in the FA of Blackvue, I believe. At least, support has once emailed that to me.

Running the Sandisk Extreme Plus 128GB V30 rated for 2.5 years on one car and 1.5 years on another, no problems. Besides the usual "up to xx MB/s" rating which means some of the cards, if not too cold, too hot, or too old, for a short time the rate can be reached, V30 means it's rated for at least (rather than up to) continuous 30MB/s recording. The "up to" rating on the car is 90/95 MB/s, but that is not the important spec for a dashcam. I've tried a regular "up to 100MB/s" card before, but it ended up with corrupt videos (which you cannot tell until you try to view them).

The latest version of the card (I'm using the slightly older one not available anymore):
https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Extreme-128GB-microSDXC-UHS-I/dp/B06XYSVX64

• Helpful
Reactions: Rafik
I was running BV OEM 128 GB in my DR750S but after 6 months or so, my camera was locking up and not recording. That being said, this was likely due to the ill-fate 1.006 firmware. I bought this SD card MicroSDXC PRO Endurance Memory Card w Adapter 128GB Memory & Storage - MB-MJ128GA/AM | Samsung US for the DR900S.

I ran that for a few months but ran into what I believe are overheating issues (common with the DR900S). I thought that perhaps the high write/read speed may be a contributing factor, so I've put the BV OEM card back in. However it's also fall, so the temperatures are dropping and it might not be until next summer before I get a chance to see if this helps with the heat.

If you're not buying a Blackvue SD card, it seems that the top two recommended SD cards included those from Lexar or Delkin, or an SD card from someone else specifically labeled, ENDURANCE.

Lexar is now owned by a Chinese company and Delkin is designed and manufactured in the USA with a US support team. If you're looking to have something else Made in the USA in your Tesla, Delkin would be a GREAT choice !

Rugged Controlled Storage | Delkin Industrial

Industrial microSD| Delkin Devices- Leader in Rugged Controlled Storage

SHOP LOCAL - Delkin Devices

Last edited:
Just a few bits of info:

I have bought the SanDisk 32 and 64 GB link high endurance with the old logo and it worked fine. (20MB/s write ?)
I decided to upgrade the SanDisk 128GB link high endurance with new logo and it overheats making the dashcam to reboot all the time. (40MB/s write)

I think next time i will buy either a Chinese copy with low write speed or the samsung endurance.

Reactions: wesley888