Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Connectivity cost $9.99/month for many Model 3 versions

Will you subscribe to premium connectivity?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2016 Volt came with 3 free years of Premium OnStar and Sirius. I let them both lapse when the free trial ended - although I miss the ability to send a destination to the factory nav. The Volt does have Apple CarPlay, but it has a very slow response time to everything, so I never use it. I knew the premium subscription was coming when I took delivery of my 3 Performance last December, so I am okay with it and subscribed this morning.....
I had an older phone and it was painfully slow. I upgraded my phone and experience has been awesome... Fast, responsive... and no extra cost. Also... not all USB cables work... Just read the reviews for cables and buy the ones that work with AA/CP.

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
This is the Sat Nav on the SR+ back on 29 April 2019, I had it for 10 minutes after looking for Easter eggs

0F845DED-2288-454C-ABFA-66F51FFE1640.jpeg

It appears that Tesla sent the same email to all Model 3 owners. It’s not clear from the email whether they intended to offer satellite maps and live traffic visualization to SR/SR+ owners. It appears a few members who own an SR/SR+ have paid for the subscription but are not seeing the satellite maps or traffic data. We’ll have to see if this changes. My guess is the author of the email forgot that the SR/SR+ trims never had that feature and did not intend to offer it to them.

It appears that Tesla sent the same email to all Model 3 owners. It’s not clear from the email whether they intended to offer satellite maps and live traffic visualization to SR/SR+ owners. It appears a few members who own an SR/SR+ have paid for the subscription but are not seeing the satellite maps or traffic data. We’ll have to see if this changes. My guess is the author of the email forgot that the SR/SR+ trims never had that feature and did not intend to offer it to them.

I’d give the car at least 24hrs to be ready to do maps as Tesla never has their sh*t together for this kind of thing

I’m a SR+ owner and I also got the email, look 5 post above where I posted a picture of the Sat Nav back in 29 April, I also got the web browser and the streaming audios, so I know that the SR+ is capable of getting these features.

Fred

Reactions: MXWing
I haven’t gotten the email (yet).