Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium connectivity got much worse signal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else noticed the signal for premium connectivity has got a lot worse recently? I used to be able to watch netflix in places where phones don't have signal (ee and O2 network). But now it seems to lose signal everywhere, even places where my phone has 4g signal.

Is this likely an issue with my car, or have they changed the provider of the premium connectivity in the UK?
Yep, big drop off in service and quality. Last contract with Tesla’s engineers commented that they were getting antenna issues from their remote testing. I am booked in for next week for them to take another look.

Same here, drive to Nottingham the other day and from Meadowhall onwards was no signal - couldn’t connect to Spotify, no voice commands available and entering Nottingham was in uncharted territory, all while my Vodafone SIM was at full bars. Resorted to tethering my phone, didn’t fancy resetting the screen.

It's very odd. Parked in the exact same location, I can sometimes have the car showing a good, strong LTE signal, and other times showing no LTE at all. It's clear that something is not right with the cars' network connectivity.

Octopus failed to charge last night as it couldn't wake the car. I haven't been able wake either despite the fact it's 3m away and in WiFi range. Bit hopeless really...
Yes for maybe the last few weeks I can no longer wake my wife’s car on our driveway. Annoying as that’s one of the Tesla benefits of pre-heating the car out of the window.

Got a notification that there’s an update to install today but cannot wake it on my phone to install it.

I had this and spoke to an engineer on the phone, as my background is mobile networks I managed to get quite technical with him. For me the issue stemmed from EE not allowing the KPN roaming SIM onto a certain Band in the area of issue for me(regular daily commute through the countryside). As per any modem/mobile device it will only retry x amount of times before dropping to Emergency, it will then not try to reconnect for a set amount of time. It has since resolved, I would assume there were baseband updates made to the Tesla modem.