Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Connectivity in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Streaming was gone this morning but it was working via my own wifi hotspot. Satellite and traffic is still there but don't know for now long. Although it's not the end of the world but we can petition Tesla to extend this life-time connectivity would be great!

I have to say I'm not impressed with this yearly subscription either. I paid as did many of you for Premium interior, FSD, etc and I don't recall it saying I would only have 1YR of service included. I was under the impression that it came with the car for the life of the car. I do have screenshots and pdf's from when I ordered my car last year, pickup was late Dec/19.

I'll be making noisy about this in the coming months to Tesla. And if that falls on deaf ears I'll contact Consumer and Corporate affairs in Ontario. Certainly the marketing is misleading, or was at the time I purchased.

Just my 2cents worth.

All cars from
Mine is set to expire in August as per the in-car display. I didn't realize this was a limited trial when I purchased it as I thought the Performance model included the premium connectivity.
MR and up came/come with premium connectivity. What makes the difference is when you bought the car. Before a crrtain date it was free, after the date it is 1 year free :(

• Disagree
Reactions: WattPwr
I lost the connectivity yesterday without doing an update. I have been listening to streaming music quite a bit. Thus just means that I will return to listening to CBC a lot more, which actually works out well for me.

I can’t see paying $15/month for the connectivity, especially with Tesla’s marginal implementation of Spotify.

I have thousands of music tracks on an SSD. I need to organize them better for use in the Tesla.

I have at least a dozen audiobooks from Audible yet to hear. I wish Tesla had an implementation to listen to those, but I can Bluetooth stream them from my phone.

I have to say I'm not impressed with this yearly subscription either. I paid as did many of you for Premium interior, FSD, etc and I don't recall it saying I would only have 1YR of service included. I was under the impression that it came with the car for the life of the car. I do have screenshots and pdf's from when I ordered my car last year, pickup was late Dec/19.

I'll be making noisy about this in the coming months to Tesla. And if that falls on deaf ears I'll contact Consumer and Corporate affairs in Ontario. Certainly the marketing is misleading, or was at the time I purchased.

Just my 2cents worth.
I'm pretty sure it has said Music and Media over Bluetooth for a real long time when you order. Do you have documentation showing that it was included?

• Disagree
Reactions: WattPwr